Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question=assembling my four piece,spigot jointed rod=CF98-18 Daiwa,`meoldknockabout',she makes a `clicking sound'once completely assembled,only once!,but it is getting louder,regimen has been=assemble all 4 pieces/wag,listen to click/finalise tightening of pieces/then string rod,etc. i've mentioned this `click' in passing here before :rolleyes: ,so,this time=first two pieces assembled=wag,no click,next peice added=wag=CLICK!,last peice added=wag,no click,and no click ever after the veryfirst one,WHAT,is going on?,is it a spigot that's loose inside the blank?,it only `clicks' one time,it IS getting louder though,i've `wiggled,twisted,etc, the rod to some degree while holding the sections where they join,cannot feel any looseness,, :confused:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Put your ear right up to the spigot and listen for the clicking. if it is loose the good news is it can be fixed by a good repair guy using a special epoxy inside the female end of the spigot to build it up a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
click?

my 18ft Diawa used to do that, so I just dug it out from under the dust to see if it still does, as I took each section out of the sock I gave it a waggle no clicks, but if I tapped it with my hand I got a clicks on the butt and top 2 sections, so I assembled it and gave it a waggle, no clicks if it was waggled smoothly,clicks if you were rough,
Hammer you got dianaflow guides on yours?
I think the clicks on mine are the loose guide centers

I forgot what a weapon this rod is, lovely easy action used to throw a full Aircel 40yd DT10F with it , when I was young,

lets hope we get some water I have the urge to give it a chuck again but will have to make do with a mastery spey on it, all DT lines deceased

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that what those guides are called?

the stamped metal/redhmmm,`plastic' material lined guides?,this rod is a grey blank tourquoise whippings,red trims,a `plastic' reelseet,~does not say Fuji~,and somewhat lower grade of cork,yes,the rod is not contemporary either in looks or action,but to me it epitemises a true `spey' rod,it really is my favorite rod :hihi: every time i utilise the peice i become addicted to the strengths the rod has to offer-rated an 8-9-10,and feeling very soft when wagged,it IS totally progressive in action,bending right to the bottom cork ring,and when a good fish is hooked the rod bends in half,dispelling the thought=the rods too big for the fish being angled for, :rolleyes: ,i've cast the smallest wee doubles with two lb tippet to ninety ft. constantly,not many `high modulus' rods will allow THAT,plus the length allows covering great swaths of water below you on either side when wading midriver :smokin: ,,,and even with a DT line,120 ft overheads are nothing,even for a hack like me :D `meoldknockabout' ,when i walk the banks of my home waters here with this rod and the casting magic it holds ,i even speak some `RogueBrogue' as i angle,like i've been transformed into somone else altogether different=aye lad!,the wee seatrouts'll be waitin'!, other such mutterings,and a big smile of course,,no other rod does THAT :eek: ,,a rod for every angler,no,,contemporary,no,,,if these were produced again in the lower modulus graphite used when it was produced,would it sell big,probably not,,,but,much can be learned from a slower action rod,,soo,so much ;)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it came from a source

that posted on ebay U.K=i have other tackle for sale,etc.,well,turns out,he had quite a few Daiwas,a whole page of `salmon' rods alone,some new,some were touted as being Simon Gawesworths `demo' rods,only DNA tests would be able to verify THAT i suppose :D i purchased this rod out of curiosity along with two 16 kevlar heavy salmon rods,later another 16 was offerred to me as it had sold and the gent that purchased it wanted to sell it,thus=`Hammer' had suddenly become=`Mr. daiwa' :chuckle: without even knowing it,i have owned about 20 two-handers,i've kept the daiwas because ;they work well,are unusual this side of the pond giving me near exclusivity :razz: and,did i mention=they work well,,,i missed two of these C, or CF 18's this winter,that'll not happen again!,the blanks are so light for their size it's nuts,,,i use a wullf trangle,a wettip 11DT and now an 8-9 XLT line that was too light for the whiskerfly 18,if you want to sell yours in the future or even trade for the whiskerfly 18 i have;feel free to contact me,not this week,i'm buying back the `cross river' 16 from P-S-C :hihi:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here's the `shout'

`A light line rod for large river fishing under low water conditions' :D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update

left the rod `strung' overnight,`wagged' this morning=no click,dissasemble pieces,asemble 2/3 pieces,wag,no click,add peices// wag in between,still no click!,,,know i know i'm losing it alright :( ,now when i go for a practice session during lunch,we'll see if she `clicks' :rolleyes: ,pitting the XLT against the wullf today:hihi:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts