Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes 12-13 wt heads in clear intermediate, cold water, 35'-40' long? No integrated running line, just the shooting head.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Nobody I am aware of unfortunately. Everyone seems to have shortened them up. That being said I have cast the new airflo tactical ones and they do a good job for lighter two handers even though they are a little short.

I have a year old airflo 12wt 35' clear intermediate head you are more than welcome to have. Me no like.

-sean

·
Registered
99 Posts
Clear shooting head

You might want to look at the Guideline intermediate shooting lines. They still have an clear Orange/clear tip shooting head that will fish well in cold water.

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Outbounds have an integrated running line, and the cost reflects it.

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its been 6 yrs since I've chased stripers in the land of chowdah heads, and had forgotten why I always used a full intermediate. Thanks for jogging my memory. Surf. Waves. Staying in touch with the fly.

I'm waiting for my Outbound to arrive, scissors in hand. H2H would be proud :devil:

I wish they sold it as a full intermediate and/or as heads only.

·
loco alto!
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bought it, snipped it, measured it. Here's the diameter profile of the Outbound 11 wt clear intermediate in 1' increments from tip to running line

tip 0.030"
etc., etc.
to floating running line

that's around 3' of front and rear taper, with a long level clear intermediate line in the middle.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
SSPey said:
its been 6 yrs since I've chased stripers in the land of chowdah heads, and had forgotten why I always used a full intermediate. Thanks for jogging my memory. Surf. Waves. Staying in touch with the fly.

I was on Lake MI today trying to use a Teeny, you can add wind to that list, blows it right off the water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts