Spey Pages banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
For Very Specific Items

The advance search feature works extremely well the key is for posts to be updated when items move to the sold side.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I am disappointed by those classified posts which are the number 2 or 3 posts by the forum member - I feel the forum is intended to be, & offers, so much more than a fee-free E-bay for fishing gear.

I honestly don't know if this is already in place (O.K., I'm a hoarder not a seller), but I think there should be a minimum requirement of say 50 constructive posts before being allowed to post in the classfied section.

It's meant to be a fishing forum, not an unregistered dealers' web-site after all.

Regards, Tyke.
Or the long time poster (ex Sage Rep?) with posts that are all "for sale" ads, selling "new" (I suspect demos) Sage rods at prices that are 10-15% off full retail....

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Us

as seasoned veterans "should" be able to pot this a mile away and if I can not get at least 40% off I do not usually bother and buy new

Paypal will protect you from false advertising I believe

Save all correspondence

Or the long time poster (ex Sage Rep?) with posts that are all "for sale" ads, selling "new" (I suspect demos) Sage rods at prices that are 10-15% off full retail....

Reactions: Rustybee

·
Spey Is The Way
918 Posts
I belong to a firearms forum where you can only bump once every 7 days and that is measured to the second. You just can't do it before then. I'm not suggesting that here but because of belonging to that forum I usually bump every 3 days and I feel that is a privilege.

A question. Why do people keep using reply to tell someone they have a PM on the way. It's pretty obvious when you log on if you have a new PM. This bumping practice just puts the other adds further down the line.

·
Administrator
17,786 Posts
A lot of good info and feedback in this thread ... going to "stick" this one for a bit.

Carry on the discussion friends ... we'll get this sorted :)

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
A question. Why do people keep using reply to tell someone they have a PM on the way. It's pretty obvious when you log on if you have a new PM. This bumping practice just puts the other adds further down the line.
I have found that sometimes members don't have email notifications set for their pm's, but do have them set for the subscribed thread,and they may not check the forum often enough without the notification reminder.

·
Premium Member
Scott, T&T, and OPST two handers; Scott, Orvis, Winston and Fenwick SH. Danielsson and Hardy Reels
1,022 Posts
I'm in favor of allowing bumps only after 48 hours and I think the price reduction is good idea as well. But, I'd support removing posts after a month, unless they are marked sold. If an items stays around that long is still available, I think it should be re-listed.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Guys there's way too much drama on this. Classified section is really good it helps a lot of a spey Pagers out. we just need to keep the commercial entities out. Peace. Talk to text

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
we just need to keep the commercial entities out.
Totally agree that the classifieds is a very helpful forum. My first spey gear came from here and I bought (and sold) multiple items this week.

The commercial entities are the only ones paying to be on here though and paying for the opportunity to post their wares. There are a handful of sponsoring vendors who have invested their dollars in the Spey Pages as this is a tremendous audience of like minded folks. Only one or two of the sponsors posts with any regularity.

·
On the Columbia River,B.C
433 Posts
Very frustrating to go to a site and find pages and pages of sold items. Terrible. At that point I just leave the site. I and most other people don't have time to look at sold posts. You know what you bought the product for. Pick a price , post it, and see if it sells, give it a few days as not every one looks at the site every day. if it doesn't sell remove the post and put it up with a new price. Simple. Yes????
Bjay

·
Registered
164 Posts
The 24/48 hour guideline sounds like a good place to start. See how it goes.

A thought about deleting a post when marked sold: I don't automatically delete a post when the item sells. I leave it for the buyer to send a message that the item was received and all is well. If there is an issue, then the original description and photos are there to help answer any questions. (Another good reason to include photos.)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not a frequent buyer or seller but

I do regularly read the classifieds. I don't see any reason why one would need to bump an item more than once every 7 days. There would be a lot fewer empty posts if this was our rule. And the idea of a price drop to "earn" the bump makes a lot of sense. Just my opinion.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.