Spey Pages banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old classic 10160-3 is gathering dust in the closet. It is really lonely in there with all of those "modern" Spey rods. It is time for it to find a place where it will be appreciated...and FISHED!

I'm open to offers on this one folks. It's just a shame for it to sit there whimpering all the time. It is too much rod to be whimpering like that.

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
Dana, I would be more than willing to rescue it and keep it company.. It would surely enjoy the view of these mich. rivers..;) P M me with the details please...

·
Registered
886 Posts
Do you not grow broad beans in Canada? That rod would make a great support, you could use a couple of original Grand Speys as well.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Dana, Derek Brown, when he was in excile in the colonies, or former colonies and could not get his hands on anything else.
The "colonies?" You gotta get over that Mr. Gunn:smokin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Was just in the UK- nice to be back in the Colonies:))))) 20p to get into the loo - what's with that!!!!!!!!! - not a tree in sight to use to save 20p:)))

> Colonist Will

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Classic Sage...

yes, still needs a home...>sniff<
What is the action on this rod - European/long belly??

Mike

·
chrome-magnon man
5,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SOLD!

I believe the action was classified originally by Sage as fast, but it would be a medium-fast by today's standards. It was supposed to be designed for shooting heads but that was back in the days when we believed that there was such a thing as a real Spey rod.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My old classic 10160-3 is gathering dust in the closet. It is really lonely in there with all of those "modern" Spey rods. It is time for it to find a place where it will be appreciated...and FISHED!

I'm open to offers on this one folks. It's just a shame for it to sit there whimpering all the time. It is too much rod to be whimpering like that.
Hi Dana, I'm interested in that old 16ft er. I had one that got stolen out of Fred's and I miss it on the Tompson. I'm just not impressed with the Z-axis. Let me know your bottom price ... I am a pensioner with limited recouces and live in Merritt (I used to own 'Ponderosa sport").
My e-mail is [email protected]com

Thanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.