Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Bag made in the UK. Retail for around $195. This very gently used bag yours for $100 + $5 shipping. Height: 11 inches, width 13", depth 4 1/4 inches. Strap 25 inches. The bag has two dividers inside providing three seperate areas. Bag has just been treated with Revivex Waterproofing so it is ready to go fishing.
More pictures available upon request.

·
Banned and proud
845 Posts
Man oh Man!

Isn't it about time you sign up for Sponsorship, dude?

99 posts, all of which is for hawking gear?

Used to be a time when the mods had posted that this sort of thing wasn't allowed, but that's gone now.

Still, if your a member here, shouldn't you contribute something, rather than just trying to turn a profit?

Jonathan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your comments or rather expressing your displeasure with my use of the classifieds section of the forum to sell fishing items.
As to your comments on turning a profit, that is nothing but furthest from the truth. I buy stuff often, try things out and then pass them off to someone else who might be able to use them. Some things are unique others not so much.
I have a day job as a Manager of Bank. This keeps me plenty busy and buying fishing gear is somewhat of a hobby. I enjoy finding and trying new gear.
Having said this, I do have a hard time reading posts like yours and others like yourself who continue to police this site. Was this site set up for only a handful of the elitists? There are many people i know who visit this site and other like it often just trying to find fishing items. Should it only be that people such as yourself should have access to this part of the forum. Isn't or rather wasnt this forum set up to bring like minded fisherman together to share their passion? I would think the fact that this section in particular, draws many people to this site would be a good thing?
It is these kinds of comments that prevent me and others from posting in other sections of the forum. Self proclaimed experts like yourself would only attack or criticize any kinds of posts.
Because of this site and many like it, i have had the opportunity to meet and talk fishing with many people that i otherwise would not have had an opportunity to do so, while increasing my own personal knowledge.
What i find very interesting is negative people like yourself seem to view posts in the classifieds only to look for something you can criticize. If you are not interested in the items, why look?
Are you so different than the rest of us?
If it is a requirement to have to pay a fee to post here, shouldn't it be the moderators to determine this?

·
mdraft1
230 Posts
I agree with garykj! Last time I checked this site has a great team of moderators, but for some reason a few members like to micro-manage the site. Let the man sell whatever he wants! If there is a problem, then the people who oversee things will take care of it.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I totally agree with what Gary so eloquently stated. I have sold a couple of reels to Gary and a month or two later have seen him list the same reels for sale at the same price he bought them for or lower. If he has an interest in buying things and then passing them on to other members what is wrong with that? It provides other members to buy things they would have a hard time finding outside of this forum.

·
Banned and proud
845 Posts
Elitist?

I think that with organizations such as this its important to sustain a thriving community by participating rather than just hawking stuff. That might be considered elitist.

I guess you may be in the right though, as the moderators clearly no longer give a ****. If thats the case, why should I?

JB

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks Gary. I do my best to avoid Internet conflicts as its a waste of time arguing. I felt compelled to respond to this because there are a few individuals here that make it their job to police. Sure I would like to participate more, but as a newer caster I don't want to be ridiculed by these same individuals.

I just don't understand how a classified post can diminish someone enjoyment so much that they feel the need to put in their opinion. If you don't like it don't buy it.

This section has 4x the viewers and posts than any other area. It generates traffic to the Site and more traffic is good for sponsors and everyone here.

·
Registered
941 Posts
This section has 4x the viewers and posts than any other area.
bingo.
It's not a flea market.
Some users have most of their posts buying and selling things.

Sorry you feel intimidated by others, but people like buckleyfly aren't here to ridicule. If you spend a bit of time on the rest of the site, you'll understand this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Guess I am also guilty. In the past I have felt the need to support the site and have done so. Recently, I decided to do so again as I think it's important to help pay some of the costs of this great site. Next stop, paypal!!

On the other hand, if the owners wanted it so they would/should ask for more support from the users.

I have had dealings with Bulkley and found him to be a very good guy and gentleman.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I do spend time reading the other sections, thanks. It's not a flea market but for someone that is new to this type of casting it is an important section.

No new caster will know what action rod they like or which reels they prefer
Spending $900 for a new rod without being informed is not cost effective. Buying used gear and selling it later if it doesn't meet your needs is very cost effective.

Sorry that you feel it's a flea market, but I feel it helps alot of new people find and try what they want and increase their enjoyment of the sport. Who knows when they get more experience they may actually participate more in the other areas.

·
Fishing the Purple Tiger
609 Posts
I have met Gary in person and traded fishing gear. He was a good guy and a passionate fisherman. He was knowledgable and down to earth. Pretty impressive for a bank manager. I would vouch for him on this site any day.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Right now there are lots of ways to support speypages, selling stuff is one of them (that's why there's a classified section).

It's kind of creepy that people are searching old posts for purposes of demeaning someone. Reads like a chapter out of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. But, who is John Galt? LOL

·
Banned
5 Posts
I agree with garykj! Last time I checked this site has a great team of moderators, but for some reason a few members like to micro-manage the site. Let the man sell whatever he wants! If there is a problem, then the people who oversee things will take care of it.
Who asked you? Are you Gary's body guard or his gay lover? You're in the same boat. No contribution other than selling items that for the most part are given to you free of charge for you to "review". Also, who made you an authority on Spey rods? You fell out of a tree last year and now you know everything. Pack it up and head back to your tree house junior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Who asked you? Are you Gary's body guard or his gay lover? You're in the same boat. No contribution other than selling items that for the most part are given to you free of charge for you to "review". Also, who made you an authority on Spey rods? You fell out of a tree last year and now you know everything. Pack it up and head back to your tree house junior.
Really, no REALLY????? Another post that just screams...Welcome, come join us on Spey Pages.
Although I don't participate in the discussions, I will continue to support the forum through purchases from it's sponsors. I'll continue to get info from P.M's sent to memebers, yes, there is really a great bunch of people willing to help the newb out. Maybe someday I'll be good enough at this spey thing to ask some questions without the fear of being blasted by some know it all.

Laugh and Enjoy,

Randy S

·
Anglish spoken here
561 Posts
Hello.. As a tackle tart,I must ask how much I need to contribute here on the site, before I can BUY without risk?? Yours borano20

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Nice day-bag for the trout - enough for a spare spool, fly box, a sandwich & a wee dram to christen the river or wet yer thrapple!

Great price too!

I have a wee Brady one....;)

Mike

·
Registered
766 Posts

A Bald Beaver calling someone gay. The funniest and saddest post I've ever seen!!

sixheads

1 - 20 of 27 Posts