Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Joan's the MAIL PERSON!!! HE'S HERE person in the family ... but love to find 'piles of goodies' on my chair when I get home.

Aaron (RiverRun) has OUT DONE himself with my 'box of goodies!' Hooks, BowTyer 'stuff' I've never seen before in blue, greens, reds, orange, etc., and etc.!!!, and package of Finnish Fur Fly material ... he tossed in for 'flavor to the order.'

TOO COOL!

Redshed Guy: More stuff I didn't even know was on the market for us '2-handers.' (Opened door to let Bella back in .. ZIP went the cat for 'parts unknown...:hehe: ) Been looking for heavy tips (shorter than the RIO Big Boys) for ages! And THESE come up looking very good!

Airflo makes 20' " Custom Cut Tips" in three different sink rates (200 grain, 330 and 470... cut in here Guy if I'm reading the packages wrong). Looped at both ends so you could 're-custom' to a shorter/ligher selection of sink tips.

SCORE!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :smokin:

Dang! Forgot to add: the 'tiny tubes' in heavy metal are looking good from Aaron. Time to pull the tube vise out and give these Puppies a go tonight.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
What line and rod

Fred - what are you casting that stuff on, a spinning rod? That last AirFlo custom whould makt T-14 look light. Cut off a couple of feet, put a loop on the back, a leader on the front and you can cast a deep running fly on just about any spinning rod. Effective, but is it "flyfishing"? On anything else it has got to hinge badly.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"Oh, Ye of little faith!"

I can tell you haven't fished the Chetco or the Rogue during the winter.

Deep, down and dirty ... or 'forgetaboutit.'
:hehe:

And Ted, I suspect these will be tossed off the end of 10-11 wt spey rods ... except for the 'cut down goodies.' Can easily see these with Euro 8wt's or Sage 15' 9wt's.

But, we shall see what we shall see. Off to the scale and cutters.
:D

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
c'mon fred

when you gonna dig the 18 out?!,,i've seen winter steel!,above grants pass,,,they 're waitin for a meal,,heard they like copper,brass is said to be good,maybe steel for steel,lemmesee,brake line's somewhere,,,,gotta gobye

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hammer, looks like I may have Board Guests this weekend..

What's the local word on where the fish are snuggled in? Was thinking the Schroder Park or Whitehorse area.
:confused:

Doubt I'll need the 18' B and W with a 400 grain head ... but soon, very soon.:devil:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Airflo tips

I just got the 200 gr 20 footer in the mail yesterday from MJC at the Red Shed, and it looks like just what the doctor ordered. It's listed as 7.5 ips, and at 10 gr per foot it's not too heavy. It's looped at both ends. The package says the 330 grain tip is at 9.5 ips and the 470 at 11.5 ips. The 200 @ 7.5 ips should fish much better than the 200 gr Rio Big Boy at 5.3 ips. Lookin' forward to washing this!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Paul, Yup there's a 20 year old...

over stuffed ball of love who 'runs,' or rather did run, the house with an 'iron paw.' Our old pooch Sheba and Saki had 'an understanding.'

New Pooch is not quite aware yet who runs what. I suspect the first time Bella comes around a corner and the cat happens to get 'cornered,' the 'education' will be immediate!:whoa:

·
Registered
19 Posts
No dogs here (yet) but three cats. Free translation : Cashmere (the mother: favorite pastime-destroying overcoats. Very fond of graphite, as in... rods, too). Macaque: daughter. Thinks she is my mother, or sister, ocasionally both. The Worst: 9 kg of yellow eyed black malice.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Worst: 9 kg of yellow eyed black malice.

Now even I, on the "English System of Measurement" know that's one DAMNED BIG CAT! What do you feed something that big ... or any thing she/he wants?

"Put the plate down on the floor, move back very quietly, and no one gets hurt here ...."

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
they won't be snugglein'

unless she clears and the freeze comes ,they'er on the move,comin' at ya'''' took an eighteen today,hooboy,worked great,handled everything that got hooked on the end;no problem,:hehe: ,this is going to be a great year!!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Fred

I hope that our friends at Rio are reading this.

Airflo makes 20' " Custom Cut Tips" in three different sink rates . Looped at both ends so you could 're-custom' to a shorter/ligher selection of sink tips.

SCORE!!!!!!

Yes, Factory Looped at both ends! Thank you Lord! One less thing to worry about and mess around with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts