Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some last minute gift ideas for a spey-casting steelhead junkie.....What are some of the best things you guys have seen for the man 'who has it all'?

HoHoHo

·
JD
3,612 Posts
A Steelheader's Christmas

Sounds like something Rod Haig Brown shoulda wrote about. I hate getting useless stuff at Christmas. I know,,,,it's the thought that counts, but still. I find it hard to get excited over a walleye worm rig. Good wool socks rank high on the list. Also some good fishing gloves. Maybe a hand warmer. When it doubt,,,,a bottlle of good single malt.
If you knew the fly fishing store said Spey Casting Junkie frequented, you could probably just go in there and ask what does said Junkie need? Well,,,,,that is unless said Junkie's initials were F.A.E. :chuckle:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
budget could be up to US$500. Not looking for rods or reels, as he is all set on that front (if there is such a thing). I am more interested in great new products that would appeal to a spey casting steelheader/atlantic salmon fisherman. We got him Simon's new book for his birthday, so that one's off the table.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Stocking Stuffers

A set of Combi non-mar magnetic rod racks. Someone the size of Kush can pull the hood up a couple inches using these (I am not joking). They also conform to any curves in the sheet metal. $69.95usd.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
A guided trip with Ed Ward in April in the North Cascades. I wonder if my family is reading this...

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
a "back-saver" wading belt, I love my Simms one and I know Loop makes them as well.

A good reel case, I have a Loop one, it is awesome, at Aaron's Clave the other day I had 8 reels, 6 or 7 spare lines, leaders, etc, etc. When I went to Denver I just put it inside my big suitcase and it was perfect.

·
Registered
54 Posts
For my stocking I'm asking for a William Joseph Creel. I checked out Highlander2s at Aarons day on the river last Saturday and it looks great. 85 bucks.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey Gator...

A Passion for Steelhead by Dec Hogan

From what I've found on this book the snow will be all gone when it becomes available.

·
loco alto!
3,072 Posts
A donation in his name to a favorite conservation organization.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Another stocking-stuffer idea

For those of us in the USA (& parts of Canada) ...Satellite Radio.

A godsend when traveling to and from fishing destinations and speyclaves. Sirius $13/month, XM $10/month. I won't even mention which one I have because I think both are excellent at what they do.

Sirius has exclusive on NFL games, XM will have exclusive on MLB games this spring if that helps you decide.

·
Registered
630 Posts
On top the mantel would be a new meiser spey, hanging from it would be a pair of simms wading boots. inside the boots would be the new carron 10/11 performance line and a bottle of Mcallan 18 yr with two waterford crystal scotch glasses. Sitting on the hearth would be a mint condition hardy perfect 3 3/4" wide. Below the hearth would be bogie the newf looking at me inacently with a pheasant skin in her mouth :rolleyes: Could not paint a prettier picture :smokin:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
How about paying for one of Simon's Intermediate and up classes. That is a gift that will help and continuing to help for decades. It will go well with Simon's Book.

Last year my Trophy Bride bought me a set of Magnet rod holders, and they are wonderful. Everyone in this hemisphere was sold out of the vacuum ones with the locks. The advantage of the vacuum ones with the lock is that you can leave the racks on and no one except big foot will steal them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts