Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using a sage 3-7136-4pc. #7 line 6.5 oz. rod. Would like to buy full floating line suitable for this rod. Have been using rio 7-8-9 for a few years while learning. Any suggestions. Rod is very limber, more european style as to stiffer north american rods.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Keith,

I used to fish that rod a ton. From the N. Umpqua to the Sustut and everything inbetween. Favorite lines are the Wulff#7 spey line, Rio Midspey 6/7, and Windcutter 6/7/8.

William

·
Registered
465 Posts
I second Wiiliam's recomendation for the #7 Triangle Taper. My favorite line for this rod is the good ol' peach Cortland 444 DT7F.

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
With the triangle taper on the 7136, choose the TT-7 for graphite III, and TT-8 for graphite IIIe

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
The Rio Mid Spey 6/7 with the 7136 is an excellent combo when there is no harsh upstream wind or in your face wind. With the winds, things can get squirrelly. The Rio WC works better with wind.

On windy days, the 7136 stays in its tube in the back of my OJ Simpson Bronco, and the Sage 6126 or 7141 comes out with the WC 678.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.