Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of the Chinese heads. Thinking about buying a couple to use for dialing in a finicky switch rod.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have bought three WF lines for single hand rod and coating detach from running line from pale mint/orange copy lines. One did last an hour and another few haul casts. I made them shooting heads and other lost coating from tip very fast. Both did have very weak breaking strength cores..

Third WF (green head/red shooting line) I have not even test because it has rough coating and very thick shooting line and line is not round but head could be decent behaving Spey shooting head when turned backwards.

One (blue/orange Skagit head copy) I have bought is oval and thickness has quite a lot of inconsistency. I have not cast it but it should be OK if its soft coating does not detach but I would never trust it as only one for fishing trip but should be fine to test suitaple head weight.

Esa

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the Aventik shooting heads 3 for $24 total a couple months back. It comes with a floater, intermediate and fast sink I use them for my Beulah 2 handed rod. I was surprised at how good the lines casted with the rod. It also didn't coil up when using them in cold water. The downside would be I would either change the loops at each end or even better if you weld your own loops to each end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts