·
Registered
1,134 Posts
stunner

Reactions: bhudda

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
That is a winner! Nice on the Blue Heron hook. A few years ago I shot one of the blue pheasants hunting in the fall and I kept the cape. Always wondered what they were called. The tail feathers are different and I saved those as well. I have the blue jungle cock feathers that you sent and will copy the pattern, one size smaller and on an AJ hook. :cool:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Cool fly and well tied. Clean body tinsel work. Shorter heron (say, to the bend MAX) and a collar (maybe claret?) would really take this to the next level. Though I am generally opposed to jc on Spey-style flies, it works well here and almost has a chatterer /kingfisher look.

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cool fly and well tied. Clean body tinsel work. Shorter heron (say, to the bend MAX) and a collar (maybe claret?) would really take this to the next level. Though I am generally opposed to jc on Spey-style flies, it works well here and almost has a chatterer /kingfisher look.
Thank you Adam, I gotta dig up some shorter stuff, I appreciate the feedback and suggestions. The collar would definitely give it some more pop!

·
flytie09
2,777 Posts
I do agree with Adam. I have heron in various sizes but sometimes you have to live with what you have available. A contrasted throat would be a nice bonus. The dyed JC is a cool touch and the mutant pheasant is a dinner winner winner.

I admit these flies are each little works of Art. Did anyone ever tell Michelangelo he needed to change his work. If they did I’m sure they got the stink eye.

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will start a thread that’s been on my mind for a while… disciplined tyers vs freestyle tyers.. I fall in the later and have monumental troubles doing the first 🤣

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
That fly has visited the BODY SHOP! Great tinsel work as well as dyed blue jungle cock, tented bronze mallard and gorgeous Blue Earred Pheasant. If I have omitted any other feature, I apologize.

Thanks for sharing this fly with us.

Doug

·
FKA Bhudda from 06’
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Gesture Finger Body jewelry Thumb Nail

shortest pond bird I could find with a frosty bear tail ..no jc, I did have a claret hackle but ran out of room to really get a color splash up front. Head sucks! This is the wet…

·
Line-Out
294 Posts
Triple YES !!!
In fact triple everything ...
Beautiful to look at
Beautifully tied
Beautiful hunter

Thanks for the post !

Reactions: bhudda
1 - 20 of 22 Posts