Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been gone awhile, but I check in just to make sure the usual suspects are active. The interesting thing about not viewing every day is, you notice just how much everyone is improving as time goes by...really nice stuff being posted here!

Trout season was really great in the Catskills this year, though we are in a 4 week slump as rain goes. Streams are low, too low to fish as fear of stressing them becomes evident.

Anyway, I dusted off the salmon feather box today and lashed some feathers to hook. Subs where the expensive stuff usually is and I am out of small herl so I did the head in wool. This one on a Partridge Bartleet Dee in a size 1/0. I did a little tweaking to the bend but these hooks are nice. Since Gaelic Supreme went out I am glad to have another outlet for purchasing this style hook.

Going to take a couple dozen to shake the cobwebs off, but fall is here and you will be seeing me more:) Thanks for looking and a big HELLO! to all my buds here! CJ

·
Registered
895 Posts
Welcome back my Catskill friend!

Great to see your outstanding work again. Always a treat!!

And yeah, we could really use some rain here.

Thanks,

-Bill

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Wow! It amazes me how certain people can take an iron made for one style and make it look so perfect with something completely different. Truly amazing work!

I don't see any rust btw, perfectly executed!
-josh

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
CJ,

You have not lost the skills over the summer however, your scissors are a little moldy from lack of use.

Great to have you posting again.

Regards,
FK
Spey Casting North East

·
Administrator
18,144 Posts
Great to see you posting again my friend :):)
Glad that you had a great trout season .
I see your salmon fly tying skills are still masterful as ever , very nice work !!

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts