Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Really cool looking fly. Takes a lot of make cactus chenille look classy but you pulled it off. I imagine that diamond braid is a pain to try and make a head with. Have you tried midge diamond braid, th efine diameter might make it easier to work with?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Eyes burning man that thing pops

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Great looking fly! Years ago I tied a bunch of similar flies and coho's loved them. After a long day of catching, I eventually cut the entire bend of the hook off and even had more fun! That is going to be a very successful fly I am sure.

·
flytie09
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really cool looking fly. Takes a lot of make cactus chenille look classy but you pulled it off. I imagine that diamond braid is a pain to try and make a head with. Have you tried midge diamond braid, th efine diameter might make it easier to work with?
Thanks brocktree. I knew there was something more to the diamond braid. I tried to work with what I had. I may simply split the standard size apart next time to avoid the bulk. Seems easy enough to do.

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
Personally, I think Diamond braid is a pain. I don't think I would have attempted it, but good on you for trying. You have more guts than me (y)
Your skills still show through on both these flies, no worries there y friend :)
I agree with Wayne, my eyes are burning from the POP factor!!

Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts