Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I say - Fred and Joan are two exceptional people that opened their beautiful home to a bunch of grubby but very contented long rodders. A great event and wonderful opportunity to again meet a truly exceptional group of folks. A huge thanks to Steve Choate for his extreme generosity. Only one thing could have improved on this special couple of days and that was if Way could have joined us!!!!

Rick J

·
124 Posts
Couldn't agree more

Rick does a nice job of summing it up. My thanks to Fred and Joan and Steve as well. This event was the best!!!

-Doug

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes, a good outing. It was nice to meet all the people who attended. Had a great time and learned a few things to boot. I just got home from north of Freds and haven't have time to post my thanks.
Doug, we'll have to do some fishing here soon. You're not that far from me.
Jimsand

·
124 Posts
Sounds good!!

Jim,
Good meeting you! Let me know when your going to be on the Feather, Yuba or American and we can do some fishing

-Doug

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
The ' trip' might be even more interesting.

Bill Siska just towed my drift boat south to California ... you now have 'transportation.' Have fun, it's a great boat and Joan and I spent many an hour floating down river.

All, save possible one, of her 'hookups' were out of the bow of the boat.
fae

·
Registered
28 Posts
Fred's Charity Spey Events Keep Getting Better

In addition to the casting instruction, great company, great food and drink, this time I had a morning of guided fishing with Fred that included practice in streamside hook extraction from a fishing buddy.

My wife Penny has never enjoyed a "fishing trip" so much. She had such a great time that she "allowed" me to come back up and "steal" Fred's driftboat from him.

Thanks Fred and Joan for your gererosity!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Bill, did you really have to bring the "hook thing"up?

Just a couple of days before this I got a bill from the Ashland Community Hospital for $600 for removing one of these buggers.

When Bill and I hit the river a couple of days later ... it didn't take me 2 minutes to put ANOTHER ONE into the same finger, other hand. This time 'we' just did 'stream-side surgery.'

Älmost"had to smile when Bill said 'Damn, you didn't even 'wince' when I pulled the hook through.' It's amazing what you can "block" if you just keep saying over and over in your mind: "$600,$600,$600...
:eyecrazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts