Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when Tyler is bored he sneaks down to my house to take pic's...this is my room...
I love seeing all the materials out. I just can't operate that way. I'm overly organized, plus I fear bug infestations.

This is my tiny tying room (box behind chair is new TV for room). My regular working materials bagged, boxed and shelved. I store my secondary working materials in an adjacent guest bedroom (material sorting room) with cedar closets and two 3'x8' tables. My bulk materials are stored in a finished basement on stainless restaurant shelving. I bag/vacuum pack everything.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,628 Posts
I can't do disorganization at all.
All my materials are bagged and stored in drawers.
I grab the materials I need and then back they go. Then again, I do tie on the couch, chair, at the dining room table, outside patio, etc. If I leave it laying around, Mrs. Flyer will read me the riot act and that would be the last time I tie in the nice areas of the house :hihi:
I almost had my tying room back ... then my oldest decided to move back in :mad::mad:

Mike

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Shannon,

Does Mr. McNeese have a fly tying book or two that you recommend? I always loved his style! He is really talented.

Nate

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Alas, when it comes to fly tying, this is about the ONLY thing where I am even close to being on the same level as Mr. McNeese. They do say a cluttered workspace is a sign of genius and creativity. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shannon,

Does Mr. McNeese have a fly tying book or two that you recommend? I always loved his style! He is really talented.

Nate
Hi Nate

Dave is currently working on a book. I'm not sure when it will be completed. I know he has a few magazine articles coming out between now and Spring in Flyfishing & Tying Journal and Swing that I've worked with him on.

Shannon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts