Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key and I couldn't come to 'terms' on salary so today was my last day with the Bank. If you have my bank e mail address on your 'box' please change it to my home e mail below.
fae

[email protected]

M

·
0 Posts
So now you have all the time in the world to work on "be[ing] all you can be". Now it's Fred Evans, steelhead bum :chuckle: ;)

mmm

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn! That has a great ring to it!

Wonder if I could get that to "stick" with Joan ... Naaaa, don't think so .. a Redhead thing I guess.

Boo and Hiss.:(

·
Registered
886 Posts
Good to see you have joined the early retired team. Should we set bup in business together.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Willie ... Yes, I'd like that very, very much!

fae

Now with you being in 'retirement,' this could be a good thing. Except for one thing; opened my eyes this morning and already sitting on the night stand was a new long, greatly expanded, list of "honey-do's."

This was not in "my Plan A."

:hehe:

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Fred,

After all those years you have been married, you should know that there is always a list of honey-do's when a wife thinks her hubby has some "free time". Afterall, what else do you have to do. :devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sheesh! FT, I wouldn't touch that line ...

with your 10' poll. Anyone connected with a Redhead will more than understand. They've take 'certain things' to the level of an art form.

fae

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh, oh!

Fred, doesn't Joan know that she's messing with a recent celebrity - a genuine steelhead bum? Where is her sense of awe to even be in your presence???

Time to find her a job so she won't have time to poke around and find dumb things for you to do! Where is her sense of perspective when faced in the presence of greatness??

I guess they are all the same way - my wife keeps acting with complete indifference. No sense of perspectives.

BobK

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah, three short paragraphs ... again ,

expressing opinions that I wouldn't touch with a 10' pole.

Bob, I take it your wife's already in bed, or she doesn't know you participate on this web site.:D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry, Fred -

My Scotch-Irish "Hand Grenade" just hates my attitude. When we are out to a wedding, and reminiscing with other couples, my favorite remark (when she is sitting next to me) is,

"I never knew what happiness was until I got married - but then it was too late!"

(Drives her up the wall, and starts the fuse!)

You gotta keep 'em on a short chain!

BobK:smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bobbie, I think the descriptive phrase for that is:

"Sneering into the face of Death."

I think one of us has to subscribe to BobK's local newspaper so the board can follow the Obit. section looking for a framilier name.
:whoa:

fae

·
124 Posts
Fred, Fred, Fred,
I am surprised at you. You see, I thought you would have gotten up each morning and "acted" like you were going to work, then you could go fish the Rogue or what ever river you wanted and come home at your normal time.

You might have gotten away with this for at least a few weeks or when ever Joan noticed that you weren't getting a pay check. This would have delayed the honey-do list for atleast a while...

I could act as your consultant on these type of problems, just let me know. It worked so well for me that I am not married any more. :devil:

-Doug

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Joan is enjoying reading this series of posts ...

just a bit too much. :hehe:

Actually, Im reading them to here; some of the best stuff going in quite awhile.
fae

1 - 14 of 14 Posts