Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Castle Grant is a beat on the Spey, who makes/made the rod? B&W?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
willie!?

it's made by `clan rods',,the one in the auction is the one i'm inquiring about,,if it's still on,,,,

·
Registered
886 Posts
Clan rods either loved or hated. watched the gillie on the Beauly break a 17ft Clan last week he just lifted 70 ft of line------------> crack.

If you can wait till the weekend I'll give you some more info.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what about B-W's

18 ft rods,,any revues for us?,,,obviously,,,a 59 yard cast cannot be overlooked :devil: ,,,!,,but,,,reliability wise= :confused: i've conversed with a couple people in Scotland about longrods,always a statement will be made about this rod or that `folding up', :tsk_tsk: ,,but very little info about these bruce-walker 18' rods is circulating,so,,,Willie,,anyone?

·
Registered
886 Posts
B&W 18 never seen one break but I suppose someone has done somewhere.
I have 1 I don't need make me an offer. I had it out today and was throwing 40+ yds fishing not just casting. But iyt is too heavy for me to fish with all day.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're scaring me!

`too heavy to cast all day',,i certainly know what you're talking about,but it feels sooooo good when the `hit and run' from a well earned=big fish occurs,,,i don't know what to offer,,passed on the B-W 20' because of condition,the frenchman with the Hardy 20',,i guess he misunderstood my terminoligy=`more than fair' :chuckle: !!! so i let him go,,know one can give me any details of the KING DAIWA :confused: ,so,aside from the hardy 20'in BC :D ,i'm stumbling along here needing a new toy :hihi:,,with my wife and teens stripping my wallet :tsk_tsk: ,,, get a price on post to southern oregon U.S.,,then we can go on,,,what are the differences in the `standard' issue and your new piece built to Musto specs,,?i love the longrods,,if `i could only take one',welllllllll :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :hihi: :devil:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Andre, Andre the $50 dollars was for the postage the rod is extra. Good try you will have to find somewhere else to hang that winch. If you post it over I could always find it a good home.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PM me Willie

and we'll go from there,,,don't know what's going on financially=youngest child 16' involved in an accident, :mad: ,,,river full of fish,,, :),,,computer had a virus, :mad: ,,,river full of fish :) ,wife squeeling for home improvements, :mad: ,,,,river full of fish :) it's ALWAYS going to be full of fish :hihi: so,,,,priority's!!!!! :lildevl:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts