Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
I have a trip upcoming to the Miramichi for spring salmon. Alot of the pools are fished from the left bank and as I am a righty, i need some help as to which cast/s I may need for a full days fishing. I am casting right handed, the flow is heavy and I will be using 2/0 CS streamer hooks with at least 220 gr tips. Probably using the 420gr 15' tip as well as rio wincutter/tips.
Would a square cut be a good choice with cast of 60'-80'?? Huge casts aren't really needed,,just a comfortable cast.
I am getting better at double speys as a lefty so that is an option and the snake roll is also in my repetoire :chuckle: so i have a variety of casts i can go to.
About the square cut though, stripping in some line,, one roll cast,, a square cut and shoot? Sound like a good way to cover water and make cast after cast? Remember, I am fishing,, not looking to win a casting title and also using some heavy irons.
What would you suggest for a right hand caster fishing left bank???
Thanks guys.
Salmon Chaser

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
Left bank

Downstream wind left hand on top double or snake roll, upstream wind right hand on top singles pey, snap t, C spey or circle. As Sean said Malcom would say single but as you a fairly new you will probably pick up the other casts quicker.
Tight lines.

Ian

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Keep working

on the left hand up for the downstream wind, but do not forget about the reverse snake or double.

My choice with heavy tips would be the C-spey in upstream wind and snake in downstream wind.

For a floating line, I would use a single or spiral single for an upstream wind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts