Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Carron order has arrived at the spey shop, at least 1/2 of it so far. Seeing that many Carron lines in one place made me want to take a picture :Eyecrazy: Looks like there are a few long belly (85') heads as well, minus one since I showed up. There are many 9/10 and 10/11 standard heads.

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
sweet

had a great time casting these new lines that arrived at Aarons shop. Especially the long belly.

I tried the LB 85'er on Styskal's Burkie (15"er???, step in and correct me Brian and Kinney's 14' "long belly" rod. By far the easiest line for me to cast that day as my kung fu was off early in the AM. As the day warmed up as well as my casting the line became more and more user friendly. Definitely up to par with the Jetstream in performance and fine craftsmanship.

The next line i tried was the full intermediate line. After the first dumped cast I was wishing for a 21' Greenheart!! That line sinks like a Type 3 or 4, I kid you not. CRAZY DEPTH!!!!

KUDOS to Aaron for getting these lines in. All they need is a new home... as soon as I get a job. :razz:

vinnie

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I might chime in and say that I have a new found respect for our friends on the other coast (Scottland) who fish these intermediate lines on a regular basis. Once to the surface they cast very well and slice through the air with ease but getting them to the surface is the real trick!!!! Now I think I know why you guys prefer 16 and 17ft rods for your big rivers and this type of line.Vinnie, yes that was the LB on the 15ft Burkie and the 14ft MKS, that line is really sweet to cast. After talking to Bob today I can't wait to try these lines on the 15' and 16' rods that are coming.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts