Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
Looking for a car top rod rack for the 4-Runner this fall on the Margaree. Where is my best bet to find one and what am i looking at in $$$.
As usual,,, Thanks.
Dwayne
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Options

The magnetic or vacuum attached racks are one option that seems to work well. I have a Yakima rack and, for years, have used the cross-****ry ski rack to carry my set up rods during the day. There have been two or three times when I have had to take the rods down because of heavy cross winds, but then, it wasn't much use trying to cast or fish under those conditions. If you have a Yakima rack, or similar, the ski rack is not too expensive.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Well, if you want something and 'cheap'...

I use short bungie cords that are about 6-8 inches long, ends connected with a small 'ball.' Put some padding on the cross bars (front only if you put your reels in covers) apply the bungie cords and your good to go (up to 70mph). Point the rods straight ahead and your good to go.

Only place you need to pay attention is passing very large trucks due to the wind they push off to the aside. Here you 'punch it' and get by same.

Been using these (introduced to them by JD Jones) for a couple of years and they work great. Cost? 89 cents each. :eek:

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fred.

Boys, thanks for the replies and Fred, I think the Bungie cords will suit the 4-Runner quite well.
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.