Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi I can't see them.
Perhaps because I am not in my residence? I don't know what browser , device I'm on, I could ask someone a few decades younger than me. Hahaha

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Attachments are showing on my end using Chrome. Can you guys let us know what browser/device you are using so we can try to replicate? The browser will be the program you open to view the site, and the device will be what you are using i.e. computer, mac, mobile, tablet etc.

Niall

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
When logging in anonymously for the first time in a long while I saw that some of my attachment photos had been turned into adds! A kind of has frame or wide border had been made around my attached pics. First of all allowing that is BS - just NO! Someone submits a beautiful landscape w/river or something and you are going to put a wide bright orange frame around it with a car ad or something like the picture is part of the add. I can’t express how big of a no that would be for me. Don’t co-opt OUR content that way. Whatever way you monetize, it should be obvious that is a big no!

Secondly, and the main point, could it be possible these adds are causing conflicts with the attachments for some people? Perhaps there are video conflicts, or the ads are not loading and blocking the picture, or maybe some people have ad-blocking software that stops both the add and the attachments. Just an idea. But presumably this would not be an issue if logged on normally into your account. It is definitely an issue with the particular individual.

But seriously nothing is as tacky and intrusive, and just a violation, as having an ad take over your photo and incorporate it. Banners are bad enough, but keep the content distinguishable from the adds. That is just a given.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
If you're running any extensions, that could be the reason why the images are not showing up.
Turn them off and see if the attachments appear again.

Ed

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm using Win 7 and Internet Explorer 11 on a Dell Workstation and was not seeing attached images either. Somewhere in my settings (User CP very bottom left) I found a box for viewing options with choices of full, mobile, and classic. I had been operating in the full mode with no attachment showing. Switched it to the Classic mode and all images are coming up now. Layout is a little different, but I can live with that. A much nicer world today.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
I'm using Win 7 and Internet Explorer 11 on a Dell Workstation and was not seeing attached images either. Somewhere in my settings (User CP very bottom left) I found a box for viewing options with choices of full, mobile, and classic. I had been operating in the full mode with no attachment showing. Switched it to the Classic mode and all images are coming up now. Layout is a little different, but I can live with that. A much nicer world today.
If you're on IE, can you give this a try?
Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>Custom Level button>Display Mixed Content>Enable (was set to "Prompt")

Let me know if the attachments show after.

Ed

·
Registered
167 Posts
Spey_Admin:

Tried it your way, but the attachments do not show in full mode. Thanks for trying though. Be happy and don't worry.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woke up this morning and all is good, attatchments are now all showing just like before, it's been months. I didn't do anything, many members had the same problem. It's a good day.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
That's good to hear. Anyone else suddenly have a better experience on the site?

I don't see any confirmed fixes put in place on my end but I'll keep an eye out

Kevin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts