Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been unable to attach good .jpg images to a reply in the forum. The files are small, and within the site guidelines. Have tried on two different OSX computers, and two different browsers, Chrome and Safari - same behavior.
The Manage Attachment window gives a "not a valid image file" message when upload is attempted.

Any ideas? Never had a problem before (since 2002).

John

·
Registered
766 Posts

Will not upload any attachments nor pictures it has loaded previously,
and it looks like there have been no picture attachments posted in the last few days.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
trial img attachment

trying this here - seems to be working as attachment direct from my PC, but I normally host via Photobucket

Attachments

·
Registered
766 Posts
trying this here - seems to be working as attachment direct from my PC, but I normally host via Photobucket
Thanks, all I see are the words "Attached Images" and no images.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Does the attachment window open up wide enough to see the upload button on the right? On my Mac, the window that opens is too small and I have to scroll across to find the upload button and complete the action.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Just so you know, getting computer/interweb direction from me is about the same as driving directions from Hellen Keller.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks Mike and Ms. Keller !!
Just rebooted the whole setup and it's still not working.
No manage attachments for outgoing, only drag and drop shows up.
And still no pictures with Attached Image posts.
Running Chrome and Windows 10.
Admin' fixed it last time, but this time it seems to be solely my Karma.
Maybe one of our Wunderkinder will come visit soon.

Thanks Again Guy's,
sixheads

·
Administrator
800 Posts
hey sixheads,

Try a cache clear on your end. maybe you are stalled after the fix. see if that fixes it. thanks!

~Shane

·
Registered
766 Posts
hey sixheads,

Try a cache clear on your end. maybe you are stalled after the fix. see if that fixes it. thanks!

~Shane
Shane, dumped just about everything and still no joy.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
Hey sixheads,

Can you please check to make sure that the setting to view Attached Images was not accidentally turned off? To do this go to your User CP> Edit Options> Thread Display Options> and make sure that Show Images (including attached images and images in code) has been checked off.

If that is checked off and the images are still not showing, can you please try viewing the site in incognito mode to see if that helps out?

~Sheena

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks everyone, tried everyone's suggestions and no joy. Mike's suggestion about Windows 10 stirred my locked up brain gears !!
Switched from Chrome to Fire Fox and everything is 10 x 10.

Someone smarter than me is going to have to figure out the why's, I flunked out of Luddite 101.

sixheads

·
Registered
766 Posts
Mike, thanks. It's working fine now on Fire Fox, must not have been a Windows Ten glitch.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,331 Posts
Excellent .... I just removed Windows 10 from my lap top recently .... like a brand new machine again :smokin:

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts