Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is going on? Every time I visit Spey pages, I am greeted with that ****in' ugly red screen & I have to log in before it changes back to the old familiar format. I keep saying remember me, but it does not. I'm gonna quit even bothering if this continues. There is hardly anything going on anyway. PITA!

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
Well first of all, stop "saying" remember me and check the box .... just kidding :chuckle:

Have you transferred from one network to another recently ??
Sometimes the domain server needs updating with your info.

Another reason could be when you clear your browsing history on exit, or clear your "cookies". The "cookies" are your signature to websites that you frequent. When they are cleared, you need to re-establish them.

Mike

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently deleted all my cookies, so perhaps that is the cause. How many times do I have to log in to re-establish enough cookies that it will recognize me & quit asking me to log in every time?

·
Registered
56 Posts

I seem to have the same problem as JD does. I also say 'remember me' (but I do also check the box!)

I have a bunch of speypages cookies in my cookie list, so I'm guessing that isn't the problem.

I do use a VPN, and that VPN has recently changed. But, initially at least, there was no problem with the new VPN and smooth access to speypages.

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
I recently deleted all my cookies, so perhaps that is the cause. How many times do I have to log in to re-establish enough cookies that it will recognize me & quit asking me to log in every time?
It should only be one time.

I've had issues with VPN before ... very frustrating !! Luckily the IT fellows at work like me :D It did take them a while though to straighten it out for me.

Hopefully an IT guy/gal will be along shortly and resolve this issue for you guys :)

Mike

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have the same problem with my tablet but it's fine on my phone.

·
Registered
440 Posts
A couple of probs.

I'm currently experiencing logging in issues too, in that I cant stay logged in despite activating "remember me".
When I try to log in I'm told to contact Admin and quote there are not enough tokens for me to log in?.Eventually the site appears to load when it see's fit.I am experiencing difficulties in accessing my notifications as well, just directs me towards visitors message page.
Help!.Cheers,Yorkie.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should only be one time.

I've had issues with VPN before ... very frustrating !! Luckily the IT fellows at work like me :D It did take them a while though to straighten it out for me.

Hopefully an IT guy/gal will be along shortly and resolve this issue for you guys :)

Mike
What's a VPN?

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
What's a VPN?
Virtual Private Network.
Many companies or businesses with their own email system, or to send/receive data for customers and clients use VPN's for a safe secure network, that is internet accessible.
Not saying that you are connected through a VPN, but my past problems were because of one.

Mike

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That seems to have cleared the issue. F-Secure by Spectrum (old Charter). Disabled that & back to normal. Thank you.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
It's back to the red format this morning & wants me to log in.
I logged in and clicked remember me, opened a couple other pages, & came back to Speypages.
It opens to the classic page & I'm still logged in.
Shut down Mozilla Firefox & tried it again.
**** New format, had to log in again. ?????
This is getting old.

·
Administrator
800 Posts
It's back to the red format this morning & wants me to log in.
I logged in and clicked remember me, opened a couple other pages, & came back to Speypages.
It opens to the classic page & I'm still logged in.
Shut down Mozilla Firefox & tried it again.
**** New format, had to log in again. ?????
This is getting old.
I am getting caught up on this. You have cleared your cookies/cache? Your browser will accept cookies? You are not running any special plugins in your browser?
-Philip

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here

Poppy was spot on to bolt this outfit.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have some plugins. I just went in and disabled a couple of them, one at a time, between sessions. I think I found the one causing the problem. Some kind of (Adobie?) flash blocker? I suspect the one of the issues is automatic updates. You get everything working right until something updates, then you've got problems.

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,681 Posts
I see Firefox was mentioned. Is that what everyone having an issue is using? I moved to Chrome some time ago because firefox was quite buggy and unstable. However, I use Linux and dont seem to have any issues with this matter. I would try chrome if you haven't already.

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no intention of abandoning Firefox. If it turns out that Firefox is the problem, I will figure out why & how to get around it. But yeah, it's back to the same ol, same ol.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts