Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whats up with CTFC? I placed an order on 1-25 and paid through PayPal. I haven't received my order. I have emailed and called numerous times and no response or return call. Rob

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hmmm

Not sure. I usually get a confirmation same/next day and it usually gets shipped the next day. I usually receive my order from them in about as much time as I get my shipments from here in the states. Usually very fast.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I placed an order on 1/22 (my first with them) and received it yesterday 2/4.
Their website says in takes 7-10 business days to receive in the USA. Mine took 9 business days so it was right in the ball park. :)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
My usual too.

I placed an order on 1/22 (my first with them) and received it yesterday 2/4.
Their website says in takes 7-10 business days to receive in the USA. Mine took 9 business days so it was right in the ball park. :)
Shipping into some place in the US will take about 4 or 5 business days. Out of Country (regardless of direction) will take right at 7 working days. Odd off will be 10.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
i have been hesitant to put this out on the forum but here is is since i didnt have the best experience either... i ordered one of the large packs of heron, i wanted half black, half grey. The grey was a bit more brown but not bad (can deal with that) however the black was either purple or claret, not even close to black. I contacted stuart to just ask about the process and see if there was a mix up, he told me that they were having trouble with black and ordered some new dyes and will send me some new feathers when they get the process right "should be right around the first of the year".... Now I wasnt trying to get anything for free or whatever, just wanted to see if I was sent the wrong pack or something.... It is now Feb and I am yet to hear a word about my black heron.

I am not trying to bash the company or quality, feathers were rather nice and i understand that people forget or whatever but I cant help but have a bad taste because he came out and offered to make it right. I have however heard very good things about him from other people and I am sure you will receive your order

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would very much like to order some flies from them, but the website has said for a long time now that they have "temporarily" stopped taking orders for flies. Does anyone know if they are permanently out of that part of the business?

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
i have been hesitant to put this out on the forum but here is is since i didnt have the best experience either... i ordered one of the large packs of heron, i wanted half black, half grey. The grey was a bit more brown but not bad (can deal with that) however the black was either purple or claret, not even close to black. .
I ordered the same as you, a large pack of Black and a large pack of Grey Heron and the colors came just as you described them.

But I'm not complaining because it is so hard to get "legal heron" here in the USA. I don't really understand the restrictions on heron in this country. You'd think we were trying to purchase elephant tusks!! :mad:
Why can we get regular heron like our Canadian friends? Its all a bunch of BS to me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I completely agree Tech! I wasnt trying to complain but make sure I got what I ordered. The only reason I have an issue is because I was told something would be done, and who knows maybe he is still trying to get the dye process right. Since its the only place I can get tusks I'm sure I will be ordering again, all natural colored though :D

·
Scandi & Skagit Hack
319 Posts
Ctfc

I ordered some of the medium heron and they sent me the large accidentally, I sent Stuart an email and got a reply the next day. Stuart said that they would get the medium out to me asap and that I should keep the large heron. I have been buying from them for about the last 5 years and will continue to do so. They have never done wrong by me. Also there seems to always to be some bonus material in my order, you can't beat a free-be, kinda shows that they appreciate your business.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Stuart is a rockstar. A very busy rockstar, I have always been pretty happy with the product and I'm understanding of it takes a little while to arrive. He has always made it right, so I will continue to support him. I have asked him for a goodie bag for the annual SSBC fundraiser and he says follows though.

A stand up guy!

Ben

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
He sent me a different fly box then i ordered and told me to keep it and sent me the right one...got lots of tubes etc. from him..
Like and use them when i need anything to do with tubes...expect to take longer from canada...

100% props for this company

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've made lots of orders. Majority of the time there has been no problem; and if there was Stu made it right immediately. A friend who does a lot of commercial dyeing told me that black was one of the most difficult "colours" to get right. He is purchasing commercial quantities of dye from some excellent suppliers, so perhaps Stu is running into similiar problems? I'd be tempted to give him a call. Stu has always been very cordial with customers.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You guys are all correct, black is a hard hard color to get even on a small scale for me And Stu was very helpful. Like I said before I'm sure he just forgot and that's fine, I am feeling much better about things afteer reading all of this as I am quite confident it was an honest mistake.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just thought i would say i never had an issue, i think the species of heron matters, the asiatic type is ginger in colour and never really takes a dye so well tho i heard you guys in US can get it now. Dyed grey always has been jet black for me no issues but not sure you are allowed grey so that could be it.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I need to take back everything I said before. I came home today to a package of nice black heron from Stu. I assume he was just busy and hadn't gotten around to it. A stand up guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts