Spey Pages banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
CF Burkheimer, Olson, Teno, Danielsson, Guideline, Rio, Nextcast.
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
May be I should have said, decisive influence. Statistically a number of fully vaccinated people who get infected ( and fully vaccinated person transmits 5-7 time less then unvaccinated) at rate let say 5 per 100 still will be in Canada in 3 weeks for example, in 3 weeks, , 5-6 times smaller than unvaccinated. Add to this much smaller transmission rate and overall conclusion still holds. If one is fully vaccinated and finds himself in a crowded space, by respect to others should put on mask. In US the impact of unvaccinated is and will be much larger for an obvious reason.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Canada opens border to vaccinated U.S. travellers on Aug. 9
Travelers will have to submit proof of vaccination on the ArriveCAN app or online portal. They must also provide results of a COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours prior to entering Canada and be asymptomatic upon arrival.

The only question is will Steelhead be allowed to enter fresh water. So far they are banned........

·
Registered
746 Posts
JOY! Now to figure out the details and hoops, such as timely COVID test while you drive to Canada, navigating the app etc. But plenty of incentive to overcome whatever hurdles there are.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just got word Canada is opening the boarders to vaccinated Americans on August 9th! Here fishy fishy fishy, let the steelhead games begin!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just got word Canada is opening the boarders to vaccinated Americans on August 9th! Here fishy fishy fishy, let the steelhead games begin!
Did you read few posts earlier................. ??

So far Steelhead is still banned form entering BC fresh water.......

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,394 Posts
Yes it's been announced that Canada will open it's borders to "fully vaccinated Americans" but there is no word of the Americans allowing Canadians in. I think there is still a far greater risk with Americans in Canada as opposed to the reverse. This considering the big question behind the J&J shot which many Americans have.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Yes it's been announced that Canada will open it's borders to "fully vaccinated Americans" but there is no word of the Americans allowing Canadians in. I think there is still a far greater risk with Americans in Canada as opposed to the reverse. This considering the big question behind the J&J shot which many Americans have.

I have noticed from the previous posts you like unsubstantiated theories not based on facts....

Fact: Only less then 4% of total of J&J was administered in US. In Canada 5.6% of Astra-Zeneca ( the same type like J&J, where inactive virus is injected to generate anybody) was administered........BTW, A-Z and J&J are effective for Delta variant.

Except people with a very weak immune system,( people who would get very sick even with flu) 99.5% + of those who are vaccinated and get breakthrough have cold like symptoms and vaccinated person transmit C-19, 5-7 time less.

Are you saying that vaccine like Pfizer ( at the moment 65-70 % of Canada supply came from Kalamazzo plant in Michigan) is more effective north of the border ?
Or many millions of Moderna which were diverted to Canada from US plant in late June instead coming later is July from EU are also more effected north of the border ?

There only thing I am surprised that PM Justin Trudeau announced opening on 9th instead mid-August (like Monday 16th) like previously stated taste last week.

UK, is testing 5 X more per population than Canada or US.
Daily infection is near the same as during the peak in December and number of people in hospital is only under 10% of December peak..............and huge chuck of Brits got Astra-Zeneca.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I noticed in addition to the Covid test and vaccination data, visitors also have to have in place a “quarantine plan”. Anyone know what that would be for a US visitor?

·
Spey Is The Way
1,110 Posts

·
Spey Is The Way
1,110 Posts
I just read it more thoroughly. Click on the link "mandatory 14 day quarantine". This is rather confusing, as I type this CTV news is on and they just said fully vaccinated Americans can enter Canada without quarantining. Clear as mud.

Leo

·
Registered
746 Posts
It will all become clearer as people begin entering (I hope). I understand everything except the need to have a quarantine "plan", even if you apparently don't have to actually quarantine.

·
One more cast...
172 Posts
It will all become clearer as people begin entering (I hope). I understand everything except the need to have a quarantine "plan", even if you apparently don't have to actually quarantine.
I agree it’s confusing. I take the “plan” to mean you have to tell them what you plan to do, i.e., where you will quarantine, if you become symptomatic after you enter the country.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Heleluya, we will finally be able to put this subject to rest! ... eventually....😣

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Looks like it has more to do with Mexico than Canada. Until August 21. I am sure Prime Minister Justin Trudeau knew about it, especially that even now Canadians can fly to the US , but not cross the land border. Maybe they do not want too much traffic at the same time too.

When PM of Canada said week ago mid-August everybody thought it will be Monday 16th not 9th anyway :

By August 21st Biden will scrap an idiotic Title 42..........Unwinding 4 years of carnage one step at the time.

"The decision to extend travel restrictions with Mexico comes as the Biden administration is also weighing whether to scrap Title 42 — a Trump-era regulation that allows border agents to swiftly expel anyone who crosses into the U.S., regardless of whether they may have asylum claims."

From GobalNEws:

"

One difficult question for the Biden administration is whether it would follow Canada’s lead and require all visitors to be vaccinated for COVID-19 before entering the United States, sources briefed on the matter told Reuters.

The White House plans a new round of high-level meetings to discuss the travel restrictions and the potential of mandating COVID-19 vaccines, but no decisions have been made, the sources said."

By 21th 80% of eligible Canadians will be fully vaccinated so why bother to ask Canadians for proof of vaccination.

In US it is a different story, now 66% eligible ( 12 + year old) got 1st shoot and 58% of eligible are fully vaccinate). In 4 weeks it will plateau around 66%.

The restriction is for land border only, as air border was open all the time:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts