Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you use braided leaders with a floating spey line or do you need a multi tip line.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Choice is Yours

Me ,I'm old fashioned Ive only just aquirred a multi tip line after many years of fishing DT floaters sinkers and sink tips.
Ithink you would find the poly Leaders as recomended by Malcom to be a favorite with many ,ask your self what you want the leader for and will the braid/polyleader/regular peice of nylon do it .
most important get out and try it out .

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
ScottD

Furled leaders both floating and sinking work great with a floating Spey line. You add a little tippet or Maxima to the fishing end, and you save a bundle on leaders and tippets.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Haven't used a sinking 'FL,' but the floating version..

are the cat's meow for running skating flys.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
paul locke re furled leaders

The furled leaders, both floating and sinking FC, make my life a lot easier. I have some of the shorter furled leaders going on their third season. I have probably save enough money on leaders and tippet matterial to buy a rod or two.

Where in Devon do you live? That is such beautiful country!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"Where in Devon do you live? "

Gramps .. don't think it's a 'live' as much as a 'drink.'
:devil:

·
Registered
43 Posts
devon

hi grampa, we'll ignore the drink joke, the local tipple is cider! strictly i live in west sussex but devon is my base in fishing season. i stay at rising sun inn at umberleigh on river taw where i own a beat. we also have beats on exe and mole. yes its very pretty but they are spate rivers and if you havent got water, no fish. when you have water you have a lot and that is where furled leaders are so good. incidentally does anyone know where i could find a derek brown speydriver line. cheers paul

·
Registered
693 Posts
I like braided leaders my self. They turn over very well. But it can be hard finding ones long and heavy enough to use with your spey rod.

Charlie.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
a derek brown speydriver line..

Paul, if anyone would have one (and I doubt it at this point) or could make you one it would be Flyfishusa, River Run Anglers or Redshed. All form sponc.

Shoot Mark, Aaron and Mike a e mail and see what's available.
fae

1 - 11 of 11 Posts