Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Spey in the South?!
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-

Can Windcutter tips be purchased separately? Do they make a fast sinking tip for the 5/6?

Anyone forsee any real trouble if I just cut my full floating Windcutter and add 50# braided loop to loops like I use on my shooting heads?

Zach

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No Problem

Zac - I have cut and looped a number of windcutter lines and they have worked fine. I like my loops much better than an old original 10/11/12 WC.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
ZachMatthews said:
Hey guys-

Can Windcutter tips be purchased separately? Do they make a fast sinking tip for the 5/6?

Anyone forsee any real trouble if I just cut my full floating Windcutter and add 50# braided loop to loops like I use on my shooting heads?

Zach
I just did mine, I went with the 15ft 5wt Rio tip type3. I will be buying the type6 soon, and I believe it comes in a type8. They're $20.00 each. I only cut off 12ft instead of 15ft. I'm using it on the G Loomis 13ft4in5/6, just felt like it needed a few extra feet, works like they were made for each other. Coat those loops with Aquaseal, crush the eye of the loop a bit so its the shape it will be when you pull it tight, and apply enough to cover the mono, keep the eye clear with a match stick or something, let it dry over night, keeps them from hinging. I was really impressed how the whole thing came out. With a 5ft leader and an 8lb max green tippet it still kicks a #2 beadheaded woolybugger over like a dream.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts