Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Skipping the great stuff he has in his shop .... how about single malt glassware from Scotland! Aaron gave me four real single malt glass' this weekend at the 'Clave that he'd gottten through a friend with connections.

You Scot's/Englishmen really know how to sip your malts pure, in a proper glass. Ultra Cool!!!
fae

·
Registered
200 Posts
Ah Yes

Aaron's shop is a little slice of Speycaster's Heaven - the best specialty tying materials (emu rules :D ) , a great tying bench with some of his latest creations hanging (crawling?) off the vise, and the north and west walls decorated with a wide range of old and new two-handed rods.

I have to stay Far Far Away lest I spend my mortgage $$$ on all those goodies! :devil:

Glad to hear you guys had a good time and sorry I missed it this year :( .

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Dub" I can only immagine what his shop looks like.

Like the hardware store from Heaven .... he's got to have wood floors.

Sigh....
fae

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Yep,

Aaron also treated me to a generous hand full of some of the most beautiful woven flies I have ever seen.

The articulated stones are a thing of beauty.

I know that they should be fished, but I gotta say that they are giong front and center amoungst my collection of treasured flies given to me over the years by other tiers.

Thanks again Aaron !!!

·
Registered
886 Posts
fredaevans said:
Aaron gave me four real single malt glass' this weekend at the You Scot's/Englishmen really know how to sip your malts pure, in a proper glass. Ultra Cool!!!
fae
Fred, over here all the malt comes in ready to drink glass ware. All you do is unscrew the stopper or remove the cork.We call them bottles. :hehe:

It saves time.

Malcolm

·
Registered
169 Posts
Stateside Etiquette

Here in the 'States, we got couth! When a guy puts a bottle and a glass on the table in front of you, you use the glass. But if he only brings the bottle, then it's OK to drink from the bottle.

BobK

·
JD
3,609 Posts
flies, single malt, glass wear, etc.

WOW! Second that, Aaron is an artist at the vise. And his talent is only exceeded by his generosity. Only requirment being, "fish these things guys, and let me know what works."

Now I will have to go online and find some glass wear with (preferably salmon) flies on them.

Next, work out something with Malcolm to trade something we can readily obtain over here for something that he can readily obtain over there, namely good single malt.:smokin: How about it Malcolm, what does a bottle of Lagavulin, Lafroig, or Glenmorangie 12 yr old Portwood cost over there?:D And what might you be interested in that we can readily get over here?:chuckle:

JD

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fred, over here all the malt comes in ready to drink glass ware. All you do is unscre

You may be a bit too close to the 'truth.' :D

One of my Grandmothers (died at 95) fav. stories was just prior to their marrage Grand Dad was 'required' to have a sit down with their Priest and have a 'discussion' about marrage. (Keep in mind this was in the absolute middle of nowhere Manitoba in the late 1800's.

Anyway, Priest sits him down, goes over and closes the door so they can have some 'privacy,' reaches into his desk drawer and pulls out a fresh bottle of whiskey. Pulls the cork out, throws it over his shoulder - and out the window - and says: "Now, We won't be needin' that no more will we?"

My kind of guy!:smokin:
fae

·
Registered
886 Posts
JD,
I once tried to send a bottle of Glen Deveron single malt to a well known steelheader and banker from Ashland, Oregon who posts on these boards. The postage was going to be dearer than the whiskey, he had to make do with the mouthwash size.

Malcolm

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I still have three of them ....

And I'm not sharing ......
:devil:
fae

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't blame you!

Fred, stuff that good should be saved for special moments. You know, VERY special celebrations - when the weather is very cold, you had a successful day, and you have spent the day out in that mess.
At the lake, after a long day's deer hunting in below zero weather, I would start supper on low heat, run a nice, hot tub, have a good fire going in the Franklin stove, pour myself "four fingers", and soak in the tub. A great way to relax, thaw out, and realize that life is GOOD!

BobK

·
JD
3,609 Posts
life is GOOD!

It certainly is.

Malcolm,

I know the steelheader/banker of whom you speak. He has even shared the mouthwash bottles with me on occasion. How about if we are talking of shipping cases. or multiple cases, does it become any more realistic?:chuckle:

JD

·
Registered
134 Posts
Re: Re: Can the AaronMeister (Speybum) come up with really unusual stuff??

Willie Gunn said:
Fred, over here all the malt comes in ready to drink glass ware. All you do is unscrew the stopper or remove the cork.We call them bottles. :hehe: It saves time.
Malcolm
[/QUOTE

Sounds great, but I wouldn't be able to afford
drinking it like that. Glasses help to stretch it
out !

·
JD
3,609 Posts
Glasses help to stretch it

You would be surprised how much single malt can pass through a shot glass in an eveving with friends.:whoa:

JD

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Friday night at the Sandy 'Clave ...

JDJones said:
You would be surprised how much single malt can pass through a shot glass in an eveving with friends.:whoa:

JD
That's a gross understatment! :devil: The 'small, but sellect group, :D read that anyone who walked up ... killed three bottles of good single malts. Best part of all was to find Simon's (is he a kick in the pants or what??!!) wife worked at the Glen Ord facility. And I thought I had it good when I worked for Beringer Wine Group. :smokin:
fae

1 - 15 of 15 Posts