Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and of course I will return the favor someday.

Over the next few weeks could you all please refrain from:
  • Ordering any beautiful new rods from site sponsor Bob Meiser
  • Inviting Bob to any Spey Claves
  • Inviting Bob to Dinner
  • Tempting Bob with any.....indiscretions
  • Calling Bob Meiser on the phone and just chewing the fat (blah, blah, blah)until the wee hours.
  • Starting threads in the site that require Bob read and respond
  • etc. Just please leave Bob alone for the next few weeks.

You see, it is very important that Bob be allowed to give his full, undivided attention to the construction of my NEW SWITCH ROD. OH Yeah Baby!!!

P.S. This request is especially meant for MOOSE, who, as we all know, has set the record for accumulating ten Spey Rods in just 3 months. If he starts up again I may never see my new rod.

If you all do this for me, I will owe you one.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Sorry Loop

But I already ordered another rod from Meiz, and I aim a good many of my posts at him because I just dig talkin to the guy. In fact, it's been a couple weeks since I rang him up, so I should definitely touch bases with him. My friend Doug is heading up Bob's way soon and I've compiled for him a list of discussion topics for some extensive R&D ideas. But don't worry, if your rod still isn't done when the San Francisco Spey o rama rolls around in April I'll ask him to please bring it to the show with him so I can have a look and, after discussing it with him over dinner, I'll post my comments on the rod here for you to read. I'm sure he'll respond to set me straight too.
You won't be able to cast your rod but you'll at least be able to enjoy it vicariously through me :saevilw:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The nightmare begins. Will someone please just shoot me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
rod

well its well worth the wait as meizs rods are excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for my 13 ft 6 mks to arrive. he he he :hihi: :smokin:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's working.

In my initial post in this thread I asked you all to not post anything that would take Bob away from working on my new Switch Rod. This appears to be working. Bob's last post was on 02-15-2005, 05:51 PM. So Bob has not posted for roughly three days and he is focused solely on rod building. Good work everyone.

I also have it on good authority that the little deal sweetener I slipped to Bob has had the effect I hoped. The build of my new 8/9 4-piece switch rod was moved up considerably in the Meiser Fly Rod manufacturing calendar. Even to the point now where it looks like it will be completed BEFORE all of you guys waiting for your MKS’s. Woo Hoo!!

For all the rest of you that have not yet had the experience of buying a Meiser. You are truly missing out and should consider it strongly. Not only do you end up with a beautiful fishing instrument—a true work of art—you also get a rod with all the components just the way you like them, and the process of discussing your order with Bob is a joy. Bob really takes his time with you on the phone (or in person if you are lucky enough to be with Bob). It’s really fun to be creative together.

This will be my second Meiser rod. This time the ordering process was a bit different than before. I found myself saying things to Bob that I never thought I would say in my life. For example,

“No Bob, I don’t want to have the rhinestone tassels attached to my Struble reel seat like Moose does”

“Hmmm, Chromefever really asked if you could do a matching feather inlay on his right buttocks, no I don’t think I want that, maybe next time Bob”

“Scott asked if ear wax was [also] an effective ferrule pre-treatment for Meiser rods, you don’t say??”

But the best one was as a result of Peter’s order ”No Bob, I don’t want a feather inlay of a bikini-clad babe where the bikini dissolves away whenever the rod is inverted like those novelty fountain pens”

All this just goes to remind us that Bob produces truly custom rods just the way you want them. Some just end up being more ‘custom’ than others

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Hey, who made you the fashion police

I thought the disolving bikini and rhinestone tassle gave me an extra bit of panache on the river. Besides, they really go well with the feathered boa I've been using as a wading belt. :Eyecrazy:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
OK D-Loop,

I'm telling everyone what you REALLY ordered.

.....Mind you, this is my first attempt, so there may be some R&D involved.

D-Loop ordered:

The S2H3.515078APT-COMS : The Single<>Two Handed 3'6" to 15'0"~All Purpose ~ Telescopic 7/8 wt. Cast-O-Matic Special.

Special features:

NOTE: Keep in mind that D-Loop wanted true versatility with his switch rod, as he made a clear argument that he absolutely needed as much help as possible in aiding his ability to catch fish...Any fish,... Even in rivers.

1. Telescopic blank sections: This allowing for a wide selection of rod lengths (from 3'6" to 15'0") to meet any and all single/two handed conditions.

2. An intragal Zebco 33 (made of space-age high impact plastic) push button closed face spinning reel, built right into the lower grip assembly: This for those extra long deliveries beyond the normal 25 ft. that D-Loop claims he can easily acheive with classic change-of-direction spey deliveries.

*Rod builder note's at this point: That he has seen D-Loop spey cast, and 25' may be generous, so the Zee-BEE-CO will come in real handy for his long distance deliveries.

3. An incremental measurement scale written on the blank, starting at 6" going to 8"....D-Loop's targeted gamefish size.

*Rod builder notes again: D-Loop wants to keep things honest in this regards within the two-handed community, especially out of total respect, love, and admiration to his mentor and spey psycologist: Aaron Reimer....Who fully understands D-Loop's occasional dillusional state.

4. Cosmetics: D-Loop choose to go with the (not often time's used by the normal spey angler) "Roy" Mouseketeer Mo-Teef.

*Builder again notes at this point: D-Loop's APT-COM will come with an inlaid Mousketeer memebership card, personally signed by "Roy" himself in 1959.

This is obviously going to be a pride-of-ownwership angling tool for D-Loop !!!

5. Bells and Whistles: A retractable (from within the center of the lower grip assembly) window ice scraper, for those cold mornings....And an "Official Mousketeer Club Hat" (again signed by Roy) complete with a teeny battery operated internal cooling fan, for those really hot days he will spend floating the Yak.

D-Loop wanted the APT-COMS to not only be an "All Purpose" rod, but an "All Season" rod as well.

D-Loop does understand and appreciate the complexities involved for this state-of-the-art, breakthrough rod technology....A form follows function approach.

...But nevertheless, he does want this rod to expedite, and appears to be resorting to all sorts of "good guy/bad guy" techniques to push his way to the front of the line <> As it were.

From my heart, I truely hope that one good Saturday spent casting with Aaron's crew at Tolt Park will help place D-Loop again back on a productive and steady course.

...Because at this point: I think that we should all consider D-Loop a very scary man.

Meiz

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bob, is there any device for using it as a push pole or paddle as he seems to be up S*&$ creek. Hunter

·
Registered
83 Posts
rod

well as soon as my mks 13 ft 6 8/9 arrives the nightmare will be over. i feel like a kid when they use to put presents under the tree a week early and i had to sit and guess what was inside them. hopefully the sleep less nights will end soon! :hihi: :razz:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Robert Meiser said:
1. Telescopic blank sections for a wide selection of rod lengths (from 3'6" to 15'0")

2. An intragal Zebco 33 (made of space-age high impact plastic) push button closed face spinning reel, built right into the lower grip assembly:

3. An incremental measurement scale written on the blank, starting at 6" going to 8"
Meiz
Who stole my rod design!!
Guess I may as well throw out that invention submission kit I bought from the home shopping network.

Hey D loop, I'm thinkin Meiz discovered that the pricey imported bottle of scotch you sent him was actually an empty you picked up off the lawn from last years charity spey clave and refilled with "Ol Hornswaggler". You should have listened to me and gone with the authentic imitation Koheeba cigars, 3 for a buck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
rod

hey d loop maybe tommorow i will order a 6/7 mks and ask bob what lines work best and etc....................... :hihi: :razz: :razz:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m starting to pick up subtle signals that my plan here is not working and I might not see my Meiz for several weeks. I may be a lot of things, but perceptive is not one of them. :)

I am of course disappointed that Bob let slip the:

Integral Zebco 33 (made of space-age high impact plastic) push button closed face spinning reel, built right into the lower grip assembly modification that I requested.

This will undoubtedly delay the delivery of my rod even longer as Bob gets a rush of new orders with this feature, and let’s those new orders slip ahead of me on the schedule like so many others have.

Moose, the feathered boa is a nice touch. Poignant, yet not overstated. Many a fashion conscious fisherman could learn a thing or two from you.

ChromeFever, sorry I got your left and right buttocks mixed up. I think it must have been one of those your left is my right sort of things.

MJYP, if you did really order a baker’s dozen, well, of course we are all very jealous. More rods that Bob will probably put on his manufacturing calendar ahead of mine.

Well, thank you all for consideration here.

Bob, if it’s not too late I would like to add the rhinestone tassels after all. I really wanted them from the beginning I was just too embarrassed to request them.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Guys - for goodness sake - LET THE MAN WORK! - if my MKS13689 blank and the demo 13' #10/11 are not in Vancouver next week I will be hunting down all of you!!!!?!
speydoc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts