Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm supposed to be going to Norway with friends during the first week in July to fish the river Stjordal (or the Orkla if the water is low). I arranged via email to stay at Midtkil Camping, but my recent emails to them have gone unanswered. I have tried to fax them also, but I don't know if its the different dialling tones that are confusing my fax machine or something but I can't get my fax to send to them either.
I put a letter together in Norwegian, with some difficulty, but I wouldn't have a hope of trying to talk to someone oner the phone.
Is there someone in Norway who could forward a fax for me if I send the email to them, or help me in any way?
many thanks
Nick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Very Much

Hi Steven,
thanks very much for your kind offer. I'll email you the email/fax I have been trying to send to Ola M at Midtkil camping. I have tried to fax it but I think your telephone system might be different from ours and the fax might not be compatible or something.
The earlier emails we sent back and forth were all in Norwegian and I think that if I ring I'll just confuse everything. I'm still reading my book and listening to my CDs but have a long way to go before I can hold a conversation.
How's the fishing where you are? Is it looking promising for the forthcoming season? Plenty of rain to top up everything and get the fish running?
yours
Nick

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steven,
I just wanted to say a big thank you for ringing them on my behalf - it was very good of you to help me out. If we're in your neck of the woods someday I'll try to come and fish your stretch of the river with you.
Hope you have a busy season on the river Bjerkreim.
Nick

·
Registered
121 Posts
Gaula

Nick, I've heard that Norway still has a huge amount of snow on the mountains, so my guess is that water levels on all the rivers on south Trondelag will hold up well for most of June and maybe July. I' off to fish the Gaula from June 1st and it looks like it's going to be high (and cold).

Does anyone know the current conditions? I'm fishing the middle river around Storen, so I know fish need to pass through the Gulfossen to get there. At what height will the fish stop running this gorge?

I'm a bit concerned with the high and cold conditions, no fish will be up in the Storen area.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gaula is running around 350 m3/s at the moment as the cold weather has slowed down the snowmelt. Still some snow in the mountains so there is a potential for high discharge if we have more warm weather. It has been quite high since mid May and it will be interesting to see if any fish at all have passed Gaulfossen.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to know. After last year in Southern Norway where they had a drought bofore we went, it would be nice to have some water. It'll probably be in flood when we go this year!!!
Can't wait. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts