Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and speycasting in general. Just picked up a light spey off another member here and will be hitting the Campbell River for pinks in late July. Will be in the area for about a week and was wondering if there's any other fly fishing suggestions within a few hours of Campbell River? Thanks for any advice in advance.

M.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Campbell River

I had great fun with the fresh pink on my #6 rod and a Clouser, a pink Clouser of course and don't forget to add a little weight!
Can be very crowded there when the pinks are in.

Have fun!!

·
Banned
894 Posts
Drive the East coast of Vancouver Island, there are alot of beaches along the way, all have pinks,coho and the odd chinook in the mix. Last year at Nile there was a happy old fellow that brung in a 15lb chinook on pink gear and 8lb test. Also, make a stop at Nile Creek Fly shop....there good peeps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Vancouver island

Two of us are over on the island for the last week of August and the first week of September.We are staying with my brother at Nanaimo.We have three days booked with Murphys sportfishing and a day kayaking up to the north.The rest of the time is flexible
We both spend as much time fishing the fly for trout,sea trout and atlantic salmon as we can.We enjoy fishing double handed rods for salmon and would like to try to catch pacific salmon on the double handers.
Any advice would be welcome.I think we will be fishing the coast for pinks and are hoping to get some fishing on the Stamp.
Colin.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Let's keep helping out these non residents, you never know when they'll tell us where their best non guided fishing spots are.

·
Registered
333 Posts
re fishing

Two of us are over on the island for the last week of August and the first week of September.We are staying with my brother at Nanaimo.We have three days booked with Murphys sportfishing and a day kayaking up to the north.The rest of the time is flexible
We both spend as much time fishing the fly for trout,sea trout and atlantic salmon as we can.We enjoy fishing double handed rods for salmon and would like to try to catch pacific salmon on the double handers.
Any advice would be welcome.I think we will be fishing the coast for pinks and are hoping to get some fishing on the Stamp.
Colin.
Colin
you don't have to go further than the Murphys to get an idea of where to fish.Ask David or marylin-they will give you good advise or will tell you where to get it.The Stamp river [David's home river] or the Nitnat[watch out for the bear] will produce for you.
Keith

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice everyone including those that sent me PM. I'm off to the Bow River for a few days starting tomorrow and then straight to the Island after that to search the rivers/beaches there.

M.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts