Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace a backup switch I just busted, this will be used as a backup to my 13' spey , and to fish spots needing a shorter rod. Anyone have any experience with the Cabela's TLR line of rods? Budget is a little tight and the price seems right @ $140 . I will be pairing the rod with a older salmon no.1

Thoughts???

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Alfred:
The TLRs are great rods! I own three of them, the 11' 6wt, 11'7wt, and the 11'6" 7wt. I got them on sale for $79.99 ea! I love these rods, they are all I've been using since August. They work great on the NU and on my homewater the Willamette. I used them in BC as well. I use the 350 Ambush on the 6wt and the 390 Rage, 400 Ambush, and 390 Airflo Scandi Compact on the 7wts. If I had more extra cash, I would have grabbed the whole line up and finished off my collection of switches with both of the 8wt TLRs.

Todd

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the 11 foot 6 and 8 weight. Both are great, I really like the 6 weight though. I use a 390 skagit switch on the 6 and a 480 skagit switch on 8. It's especially cool to pair these with classic Hardy reels. I have a Hardy made Sage 509 on the 6 weight and it's great.
-matt

·
Registered
204 Posts
Excellent performing switch rods for the money and are some of the lightest.

11' #6 5.0 oz., Ambush 350. Change tip to oversize XFTL 4.5.

11' #8 5.2 oz., Ambush 450. Change tip to oversize XFTL 5.0.

GG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts