Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I just ordered this rod and I'm trying to find out what skagit and scandi lines would go good with it. I've looked on the Rio and Airflo recommendation charts however the 11'6" 7wt model is not listed. Does anyone have this rod, and if you do would you care to share your preferred grain windows for both scandi and skagit lines?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I don't own that particular rod, but I own the Cabela's 11' 7wt TLR and the 11.5' 7wt TLR. I would think you rod would use similar lines. On the 11.5' TLR, I've used the 390gr Rage and the 390gr Scandi Compact. I've also used the 400gr Ambush head. I have not used a Skagit on these rods yet since I'm primarily a "dry liner", but my friend Keith (moethedog) owns the 11' 7wt LSi and he uses a 450gr Skagit compact on that rod.

Todd

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update in case anyone else has this rod and is having trouble lining it. The skagit line that Steve Godshall made for me arrived in the mail today. He made it 20.7ft long and 451gr. This rod and line combo was an absolute cannon! Easy to cast as well. I also tested a 420gr scandi compact that came in the mail today as well...now I know what everyone is talking about when they mention "lasers."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts