Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed out on the Redington rods on sale at Cabela's. However I did notice their entry level Spey rods and combos. Would anyone care to comment on their suitablity for a beginner ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I built a rod on one of their 15-foot, 10/11 blanks. It's a medium-speed stick with a DT11 line, strong enough in the tip for sinking tips and larger fly. Nothing exceptional or exciting about it, just a very useable rod in its size range.
I've also fished briefly with a friend's 14-foot, "9/10" model. It's easily the stiffest rod for its length that I've ever used. Its rated lines were too light; it took the above DT11 to make it perform, as a very strong, medium-fast action.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey JBB...

Have you looked at the TFO two handers? They are pretty nice sticks for $250.00usd.

·
Registered
76 Posts
cabela's warranty

MJC said:
Have you looked at the TFO two handers? They are pretty nice sticks for $250.00usd.

the reason i am quoteing you is those tfo's are not half bad. i would be carefull about what you buy from cabelas. because i was told by one of there reps there. that their spey rods the fish eagles only carry a five year warranty. and there wader and stuff don't unless you are told when you buy it that it does.there are alot of rod in your price range it will just take some searching to find your self a good one any ways good luck and tight lines brownie

<'}}}}}>~~~~<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts