Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anyone Know of any resources on the internet that buys, sell or trades shooting heads? I know I have seen heads for sale on Spey Pages and of course there's ebay. But I would think there would be a need for a dedicated supplier. As a new spey caster I have collected some extra skagit switch and scandi heads that have only been test casted a few times just trying to dial in on the correct weight. I would love to trade or sell some of these.

I currently have:
Airflo Scandi Compact 450 w/plastic sleeve
Airflo Skagit Switch 480 w/plastic sleeve

I would like to trade for a Airflow Compact Skagit 540 or an Airflow Compact Scandi 480

I would also be willing to sell for $25.00 each

PM me if interested

·
Administrator
2,462 Posts
There are a ton of shops that sell, but I'm not aware of any that trade or buy. You'll find that most spey casters have FAR too many lines, heads, etc lying around as a result of experimentation. The classifieds here is your best bet. Guys are buying or selling heads and lines all the time on here. I think you'll find it easier to outright sell them, but you may find others looking to trade. Good luck...I have the same gear affliction.

·
flailing less
490 Posts
Mike 1961,

If it is of interest, I have a Rio 480 grain 34 foot steelhead scandi in excellent condition to offer in trade for your Airflo 480 grain Skagit switch.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hello, Mike, I'm your friendly internet resource.

And so are hundreds of other spey fishers, here and in a few other busy outlets. We are the warriors in the neverending struggle to match up spey lines with spey rods. These forums let us keep buying and selling - and occasionally trading - our way to The Perfect Rig, with minimal net loss. There's no need for a central exchange. This is small scale, modern capitalism; and it works.

Don't hesitate to buy new heads occasionally, even at retail. We have to keep filling the hopper. Besides, a line costs no more than a hot Saturday date, and may pay off a lot longer.

Just be a little patient. Popular items like a 540 grain Skagit Compact seem to turn up several times a week. You're almost bound to find what you want within a few months.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well said Nooksack Mac in fact I have already managed to trade one of my heads. I agree I need to be patient of course that sometimes is easier said than done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts