Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
8152-4 magic

I have a few Burkies,all 4 piece save one the 7133-3.Lately I have been casting,and therefore, FISHING, the 8152-4 exclusively(I've had 'er for over a year now)....this rod isn't temperamental at all, I've been casting older Deltas both long and short from 9/10 to 10/11 short, cut back 15' for tips, and Delta long from 8/9(the line used during the development of this rod) through to 10/11 all cut back for tips,I cast my signature unweighted intruder style and hobo speys off of all of the lines mentioned,as well as hair wings and Dees off of salmon irons....I even have a new generation Delta 10/11 @ 800 grns....that I cut back 15' for tips.....and let me say this gentlemen this rod casts all these lines to the friggin backing knot!!!!This cannon is a rocket launcher to which I have pinned many a steelhead,this rod is magic!!!!!..The grn. window is large and you can cover all kinds of water conditions with this rod, with a change of lines,if you'd like, to handle heavier tips lighter tips or full floater...choices they're good!!!!......oh!!oh!!!oh!!! here's a lift and grin with the venerable 8152-4 SAWEEEET!!! Rod it is!!!!

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.