Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Burkie 7134 FS - Price drop

I have a Burkie 7134 Classic in virtually new condition that I need to sell. Due to a disaster, all 3 of the lower sections are brand new (replaced by Burkheimer), while the tip section has only been fished for about an hour. Oh, it also has a spare tip that is about 1" shorter than standard. I can supply pictures if necessary, but since the bulk of it is new, looking at the Burkheimer site might be more useful, considering my photo capabilities. Board rules apply. PayPal preferred. I'm asking $850 - NOW $800, shipped Conus.

Jim

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Price drop and Bump

Now $800, shipping Conus included.

Jim

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
It's not new..
When it's a rebuilt...just saying ..don too much
:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:

Since 3 sections were replaced ( brand new) and tip has been use for 1 hours the rod is [practically new.

It is not car transmission which has been re-build ( if you know how it is done).

So many folks are accusation to buy stuff for nothing ..........

Saying that, second hand rod , even if new , need to be discounted properly 25-30 % to sell quickly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not alway the case..

It's not new..
When it's a rebuilt...just saying ..don too much
:Eyecrazy::Eyecrazy:

Since 3 sections were replaced ( brand new) and tip has been use for 1 hours the rod is [practically new.

It is not car transmission which has been re-build ( if you know how it is done).

So many folks are accusation to buy stuff for nothing ..........

Saying that, second hand rod , even if new , need to be discounted properly 25-30 % to sell quickly.
I send in a rod to sage for salt problem..they replace one section, and fix the other section, it fell like a chop shop did it.. I heard numerous issue from friends too, not just sage...So it definitely not perfect or orginal when been replace or repair..maybe that not the case at burkie..maybe you could call me anal...

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
I send in a rod to sage for salt problem..they replace one section, and fix the other section, it fell like a chop shop did it.. I heard numerous issue from friends too, not just sage...So it definitely not perfect or orginal when been replace or repair..maybe that not the case at burkie..maybe you could call me anal...

compare Sage and Burkie is like comparing day and nigh.

a) every section of any rod made in Kerry's small factory is custom fitted and rolled out separately,. They just do not grab spare section from the storage to assemble the replacement rod. All 3 sections of that rod in subject had to be made again and fitted to each other like it is the case for every new rod.

b) CFB makes between SH and DH probably no more then 1000-1500 rods a year, a small fraction of what mass market makers like Sage makes.

A good comparison would be a custom bike vs. commodity stuff form Walmart .....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts