Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 7133 and was playing around with various lines. I am not really into skagit too much. Tried a cnd 7/8 which felt pretty good, maybe a little heavy but the 6/7 was a little on the light side. Am going to try windcutter 6/7/8 and 7/8/9, any thoughts?

·
Registered
638 Posts
The 7/8/9 would be my choice because I could adapt it to the flies I am trying to cast by removing tip 2 and adding cheaters to get the grain wt right. Thats not a skagit thing its just adjusting the line to get the correct grains for the rod. For a floating line you will be hard pressed to find a better one than the snowbee 8/9 2d for this rod, that is a bold statement I know but anyone who has tried it has bought one and loves it.

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Jason, in my opinion, hands down the best lines for the 7133 are the Loop Quattro 9/10 (for tips), and the Airflo delta 6/7 ( carries tubes and large beadheads with authority). I've got a couple of modified XLT lines that work pretty well for long bellies but the rod is a bit short for comfortably throwing them. I'm awaiting Simons 7 weight Nextcast lines, they are the best lines I've ever thrown and I have high hopes for the 7's. Next time you're in Sac let me know and you can try out whatever I have.

Sorry I haven't been posting as of late, my ancient Mac can't seem to keep up with the times and it keeps shutting down the browser when I spend any time here, must be a memory deficiency or some such thing.

Jim

·
Registered
85 Posts
I too am awaiting a 7133

I am planning on fishin the Airflo scandi head on my 7133. I checked with Tom Larimer, who plays around with these rods alot, and he gave me some recomendations for both the Skagit and the Scandi by Airflo. He introduced me to the Airflo Scandinavian head for my Burkheimer 8134-3 ( I know it an 8133-3 normally, but mine is an 8134 experiment or mistake, i don't know but I love it), Tom recomended that I try the 9/10/11 scandi with a couple feet removed, and I am thrilled with the results. I don't want to give exacts, because I am not an expert.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts