Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
North Santiam Spey Caster
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Burkhiemer 8139-3 that I built for sale. The rod has two tips, one standard tip and one stronger tip. The rod has never been fished, but has been cast during practice, thus the soiling of the cork. The guides are top of the line Fuji, and Snake Brand. This rod is in great shape and ready to fish. With the option of a stronger tip for pulling sink tips and longer lines. $450.00 obo. I take Paypal, check(rod ships when check clears), or cash (if close enough to meet up). Buyer please pick up shipping and split the Paypal fee. I am willing to ship international if the buyer picks up the extra fees and shipping

Attachments

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Have this rod!

My main 'go to' for winter fishing. Carrie/Crew NAILED IT when they designed this rod. At $450, this is BARGAIN! :eek:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds like a sweet rod. In your opinion, would an orvis large arbor battenkill V (5) be a sufficient match for it? I have been looking to match up this reel with a good rod, thanks.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sounds like a sweet rod. In your opinion, would an orvis large arbor battenkill V (5) be a sufficient match for it? I have been looking to match up this reel with a good rod, thanks.
SH what's the weight of the reel with out the line on same? Sounds silly but the line (most?) will be out the rod tip so 'what's left is what counts.'

fae

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fred, the reel is a battenkill mid arbor (not large) V. It weighs approximately 6.5 ounces without the line on it. What do you think?

·
Banned
973 Posts
Who cares about the reel, just find a cheap heavy reel and buy this rod. You won't be disappointed! Buy a good rod, worry about reel later, it just holds your line and maybe provides a little resistance. Spey casting is about the rod!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts