Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I hit the same wall a week or so ago.

Not sure if they're rebuilding same ... ??

RobMeister??
fae

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Kerry is in the process of having a new website built. Like evrything Kerry does it is the result of much thought and consideration. It should be great when it's done. In the mean time the phone works. E-mail me if you want it. I don't wanna post it here because it may seem too much like advertising.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
7137-3 burkie: Rob, as you get to 'play' with

this equipment all the time, what specific lines (Rio info I have from Simon) have you found to work 'best' with this rod? Normally, I'd be throwing fairly long line/leaders and heavy fly(s).

fae

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
There's an awful lot of confusion about the advertising policy here on the site! Taking my CND hat off and putting my Forum founder hat back on for a minute...

It's really simple... there are three basic rules. Please read them:

#1 - If you're a consumer of flyfishing products and want to express an opinion, fine post away! Be aware though that if you promote the company, like put a direct hyperlink to their website for instance, then we ask that you follow up with an email to that company suggesting sponsorship. How easy is that? Make sure you cc:[email protected] so the staff can follow up and also give you credit for the lead.

#2 - If you're involved with a company and want to promote them against our honored sponsors, NOT fine! It's our duty to uphold the value of sponsorship in this community, and we will not compromise that. My best recommendation in this case is use your involvement to suggest the company you're involved with to become sponsors, thus opening the door!

#3 - If you're involved with / are a sponsor, post away! In fact I wonder why more sponsors don't get actively involved. I wish they did, it improves the feedback cycle and interaction with consumers.

I am really kind of puzzled as to why this is so hard to understand. Compared to other sites, these rules are more like angler's ettiquette than business laws.

Please if anyone is still unclear about this PM me directly!

thanks
Juro

Saw Cary at the show, great talking to him. Looking forward to seeing the site back up as I am a big fan.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Juro and the 3 rules

The rules are simple and easy to follow unless the poster is playing games. Like he/she/it is directly involved with a manufacturer that is a competitor to one of our sponsors.

For some reason that individual does not want open two way discussions on this board. So they create their one way covert discussions in violations of rule #2, because they are not honest enough to follow rule #3 below..

"#3 - If you're involved with / are a sponsor, post away! In fact I wonder why more sponsors don't get actively involved. I wish they did, it improves the feedback cycle and interaction with consumers."

Look at the honest and open discussions we have had with Jim Vincent and Simon Gawesworth re Rio lines. We all have learned.
The discussions with Bob Meiser have been open and helpful. I look to more such open discussions on this site.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
May be out of touch here .. but ..

there was one going on e bay about a week ago. Don't know if it's still going or not.
fae

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Spey head.. absolutely excellent choice...

Mark bachman has a used one at his shop. it's advertized on his website under "bargains"
however it's a complete outfit 900 dollars sounds like a great buy if you need a reel too..

·
Registered
886 Posts
Re: May be out of touch here .. but ..

fredaevans said:
there was one going on e bay about a week ago. Don't know if it's still going or not.
fae
No it's gone and I didn't even make the podium. Well I did not realy NEED another 13ft rod. Or did I?????

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
All is not lost!

Now you can send Bob M a e mail about his new 7-8-9 and save a few hundred bucks ... and you get two tips to boot.
:whoa:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
"The Devil Made Me Do It ..."

A viable defense in many court cases .. maybe even in divorce court?;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Divorse, could an ex wife claim 50% of angling equipment?

Which rods could I live without? I'd had better order some more just in case.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Back when I worked at a local flyshop part-time I recall a story of a guy coming in with a Sage Rplxi tube asking for the cheapest piece of crap rod we had. Curious, we asked why. He said he was going thru a divorce and his wife was hot to rob him of his flygear, which I guessed might have had something to do with their nuptial woes. He said she wouldn't know the difference so it was obvious she wanted them for revenge! :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts