1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very nice 8152 burkie for sale...

Amazing rod with any of the 8/9 next cast lines..the 55 and 70
are money...

I prefer 3 piece rods and while I love practice casting this rod I don't fish it..

obo

·
Registered
83 Posts

Wife and I just bought a new bed today, so have exceeded my comfort zone of what I can spend in a day… ah week… ah month?? You just had to do this today… shhyytt!!

Any interest in a trade for an 8142? The 8142 is so comfortable in hand that it gives an almost deja vu like feel. The first time you fish it, you'll swear that you had a dozen times before.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I learned to use my left hand high with 70' lines, single spey on this rod...it will bomb, and I mean bomb any of the next cast 8/9 lines..45, 55, 70...when I finally got the left hand single spey down the 70' was butter...the 55' fall fav. will go a mile and the 45' will through any wind etc.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I've cast this rod... Paul's, in fact. Besides the fact that it will bomb out line when you ask it to, it's greatest appeal to me was the ridiculous ease with which it cast when you backed off making the longest ones you can make. I haven't cast/fished a ton of 15' rods, less than a dozen, but I have cast those that don't like to be pushed, those that don't bend unless pushed, those with too much swing weight to move around, those that have no feel, etc...

The 8152 seemed to solve all of those problems. Even backing off to the point of almost being gentle, the rod had tons of feel, drew perfectly straight lines that made perfectly flat loops, and covered water that I'd need to focus to reach consistently with a 13' rod... all the benefits of increasing scale without the drawbacks. Just quit showing off and fish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Perfectly stated...

I've cast this rod... Paul's, in fact. Besides the fact that it will bomb out line when you ask it to, it's greatest appeal to me was the ridiculous ease with which it cast when you backed off making the longest ones you can make. I haven't cast/fished a ton of 15' rods, less than a dozen, but I have cast those that don't like to be pushed, those that don't bend unless pushed, those with too much swing weight to move around, those that have no feel, etc...

The 8152 seemed to solve all of those problems. Even backing off to the point of almost being gentle, the rod had tons of feel, drew perfectly straight lines that made perfectly flat loops, and covered water that I'd need to focus to reach consistently with a 13' rod... all the benefits of increasing scale without the drawbacks. Just quit showing off and fish.
Just bought one myself from my local shop...if I have not.. I be all over, I be the first one to take it... Was looking between the 8139 or 8152; after casting my buddy 8139-3 and the 8152 on the river, it's not that big a rod, it's the feel that other 15' rod don't have.. Mann.. This is one bad ass rod, won't be parting with mines, unless Kerry comes up with something way way better...

The appeal for me was getting something in the 14'-15' range, there's only a few rod I was considering,(burkie 8139,8142,8152;t&t1509) the 8152 length and weight was similar to the others, I only fished two time so far, and hook couple fish on her already, it does not feel like a meat stick, even a 18" bull trout feel through the blank down to the cork..

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's yours....

I am going to be selling a vintage 7134 with extra tip that I recently got new..I think I am going strictly 3 piece rods..

I'll post it with pic's soon if anyone is interested..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts