Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Burkie 6126

Boom!!!!!!!!

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Boom?

Why is no one else going ape **** over this?!?! Hasn't this been the Holy Grail for many of us?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
it's an awesome little stick... not your typical 6 wt top end and 8 wt bottom.. it's 6 wt tip to butt.

·
registered text offender
1,408 Posts
what lines are you liking on it rob ? and what other burkies might you compare it to ?

maybe the moderators could move this to the rod forum ?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
isn't the 7127-4 pretty much a 6 weight?

it's a light 7127-4 has been a problematic pattern. it started out as a completely awesome light 7 wt designed with the 6/7 midspey. However the material manufacturer we used in that time frame no longer sells to the sporting industry and our newer materials though did well with our other patterns just couldn't do light rods well. that is why these light spey rods have taken so long for Kerry to develop. the 6128-4 however is superb.. at least as good as the very original 7127-4. It's full flexing with very quick recovery..

lines
6/7 delta
390 scandi
420-450 skagit
i think that's right, been casting a lot of stuff recently.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
more full flexing than the 7127-4 ?
i'd have to have them side by side to see which flexes deeper but it certainly flexes into the butt with fewer grains than the 7127 and i think it recovers faster which generates higher line speed

·
loco alto!
3,072 Posts
more full flexing than the 7127-4 ?
yes, it flexes deeper than the 7127 (not just on grains, but intrinsic to the taper, more full flexing). Very smooth and stable under load, reminds me a bit of the original 3 pc rods.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
yes, it flexes deeper than the 7127 (not just on grains, but intrinsic to the taper, more full flexing). Very smooth and stable under load, reminds me a bit of the original 3 pc rods.
why do you guys have to do this to me?!? I absolutely love my OG 7127 and now you make the wheels spin... I guess as long as I dont cast one i can keep telling myself its virtually the same thing! haha

·
Registered
850 Posts
I have yet to cast one but it is on my short list... If it is a 4 piece, that cast like a Burkie 3 piece, what more could ask for....???? I want one I want One I wan one:Eyecrazy:

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
I can't wait to give one a go with 6/7 Delta! My Taupo Perfect wondered when will it get a chance to be strapped onto 6wt Burkie!

When can we expect this rod to be available?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts