Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folk`s!

I`m looking information about Burkheimer 4114 fly rod ( 11,4" #4 ). I saw a video about it and i notice that it cast and works like i wanted.

I own light dh rods ( two Meisers, #2-3-4 and #4-5-6 ) and i like them a lot. The bigger one is beauty, when fishing at sea / fishing bigger fishes. It has lot of power and cast really long casts, even in my hands :) Smaller is light, sensitive, easy to cast both ways, spey casts and overhead casts, cast nicely and works nicely with fishes.

But something can be made differently? Softness...sensivite...something extra in it, just a little bit more? And from video of Burkheimer, i think, i saw it? And what i`ve been reading, it is there, certain softness and soul, still having power on a butt?

I don't know, maybe i`m reaching the sky or something...i love how my baby Meiser works with fishes size 2 lb and bigger ones...but with smaller fishes...it is not what i`m looking for. So, how you feel and think Burkheimer 4114 with fishes like 1 lb?

And how that rod perform overhead casts and what size of lines you are using, when doing overhead casts with it?

All the best!

Jacka Heineken

·
Registered
490 Posts
How long are your Meisers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts