Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, I am new and would like to introduce myself. I am a steelhead fanatic and am slowly learning the two-handed game. I have tried a bunch of rods in the last couple years and would like some input on the Burkheimer's. I have the chance to pick one up second hand. I think it is an older rod (8-9 years). It doesn't have the green expoxy coating like I have seen on the newer Burkie's. It is a flat black color and the wraps are prominent(similar to the Scott ARC) It mearsures out at 14'3". It says Burkheimer Rod CO. on the blank w/ a serial #. It may have been a custom built blank. My question is...Does anyone know if the tapers on the 14'3" have changed over the years. I have yet to cast it, but have cast another 14'3" and like it a lot. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks!!

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Welcome

to the Speypages.

You will find everyone helpful on this board.

I wish I had a 'Burkie' myself, but I have yet to stray into the 'custom' field for rods.

Others will tell more detail about the rod you have acquired, but, I would initially say that these are well sought after bits of Spey kit, and well worth looking after, as it will look after you for your DH exploits.

Mike

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Speyducer, I hope I can help some here in the future , although I think I need a few more years under my belt to be considered a compitant spey caster. I have yet to acquire the rod as I am waiting for a little more input as to what I would be getting. I plan on calling Burkheimer on Monday and asking them some questions, Kerry was out of the shop when I called last, although Rob gave my some information, he was not around when this rod was made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.