Spey Pages banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next one I'm going to add some natural Lady A to give it some contrast and segmentation. Stand by... Critics chime in please, would love some feedback.. Positive and negative

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those are gorgeous, is the body wound rabbit? I've start replacing wound rabbit with chenille to keep the weight down to make them easier to cast. That purple would be right at home on the end of my tippet. Very nice!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My type and color there in the first pic! Blue and black is steel magic and nothing swims better than rabbit. Nicely done:hihi:

·
Undertaker
1,356 Posts
lovely bunnies

I like that you didn't add weight - bunnies are tough to cast as it is. But they sure do work. Nice ones there - really like the black and blue - its a combo I regularly fish.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The body is actually a blend of angora goat dub and uv ice dub with ostrich all put in a dubbing loop. It's the same process that Jerry French uses on his flies like the Skinny and Dirty Hoh. It really gives the fly a large profile without being bulky and hard to cast.
Those are gorgeous, is the body wound rabbit? I've start replacing wound rabbit with chenille to keep the weight down to make them easier to cast. That purple would be right at home on the end of my tippet. Very nice!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts