Spey Pages banner

Bull Trout - Trout Spey patterns

5K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Whiskey Dick 
#1 ·
Looking for some inspiration trying skagit patterns for bull trout in northern Canada!

If anyone has some sculpin, baitfish, minnow type of skagit patterns they do id love to see them!!

Comment below and thank you!
Light Mesh Reptile Scaled reptile Wood

See less See more
#13 ·
It’s common to see guys fish really big flies for bulls. “White chicken” is the often what guys will tell you is working. While big flies are effective, Bulls will take smaller flies as well. My biggest was landed on a 6 cm olive Scandii tube. Smaller flies are also a lot more pleasant to cast and fish.

Small fly eater below….
Water Sky Hunting Tree Plant

#18 ·
Wow very interesting topic sense I swing for bull trout on a river here in Oregon. I use a sculpzilla variant. White rabbit strip for the main part of the fly, red guinea for a gill plate with some flash of minnow dubbing on the shank. Also using a sculpzilla head on there as well. Very effective pattern for me in my area. I like to tie this fly in a size 8 to 6 for swinging. The size rod a 4wt for the size 8 and a 5wt for the size 6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.