Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated Bulkley Riverfront home in Telkwa features 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a huge sundeck. Basement has been redone with concrete in-floor heat, large master bedroom, and a very modern bathroom. The bathroom has heated concrete floors, an open-room shower, and a beautiful pedestal bathtub. Main floor has original hardwood flooring, freestanding wood stove, and a large sunroom. Great river and Hudson Bay Mountain view, large treed lot and riverside firepit.
$339,000 CAD
View the full listing here:
http://www.remax.ca/bc/telkwa-real-estate/na-1428-16-hy-na-wp_id102240304-lst/

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this in USD or CAN $$? Looks like a nice place, I wonder if they would take $250K cash. I don't know much about this area, can American citizens buy Canada real estate?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Americans can buy real estate in B.C. The house is pretty awesome its less than a stones throw from the Bulkley and very good piece of dry fly water.

Its Priced in CAD and I have a valuation at +350,000, Bulkley river frontage is hard to come by and its has the most awesome views out over the river and towards Smithers and Hudson Bay mountain.

Its positioned at the start of the Telkwa to Smithers float so is perfect for a group of guys going steelheading.

Easy to maintain fully renovated!
Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I've always been curious how well those houses do in a 100 year flood, or how long that bank in front of the house will last... Would love to wake up to coffee there daily

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Im in for $100 bucks on this. Who's with me as a timeshare? FOr my $100, all I need is a tent spot in the yard, and a shower every third day I'm there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Freshet levels

Re: bigbadbrent Q. That house will be fine. There's a cute old cottage north of the small park in the bend in the road just as you enter Telkwa main street coming from Smithers. It partly flooded a few years ago in a high water year. Thats 70 years old or something, hadn't happened before as far as I heard. It's in a bit of a dip, lower than other land, and pretty close to the freshet level. I was told all the other properties were ok. I was looking at a log house on Hunter Ave at the time, so was asking the same Qs. Seems like they were all ok.
Nice location.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Im in for $100 bucks on this. Who's with me as a timeshare? FOr my $100, all I need is a tent spot in the yard, and a shower every third day I'm there.
the gal at Kum & Go who sold me my powerball assured me it was the winning ticket.

I'm in....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1428 hwy is well over the 200 year flood mark and is not within the flood zone, you are correct that there is a depression further down on the corner but i have the survey showing the flood area.
Cheers
Sam

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
I don't understand the Remax map of the location, it shows a street (Riverside) between all the properties and the river, but the pictures of the property don't show a street between the two? Might be a good way to put some non-US investment in an IRA.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's strange for some reason when I put the address into google it shows me the address for my realtor.

There is no street in between the river and the house. You can sit on the deck and it's about 25 feet across the grass/yard to the high bank access to the river.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
Ok the map on the listing isn't right, here's what the lot looks like from above. Nice water if a bit silty. The listing shows "$" so that should mean US, right? (or eh?)

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,
The water is not silty, its a ledge rock shelf stacked with structure and one big hole. Its a very productive early and late season hole, later in the season the rapid is almost all channeled toward the far bank and it creates a very soft late season piece. I guided the Bulkley and trust me this piece rocks.

The Telkwa drops in on the far bank about a 1Km up stream, the Telkwa does pump quite a bit of slit into the river but it is almost all deposited far bank in the back channel.

Price is in CAD.
Cheers
Sam

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Ill be the first to say it's in an awesome spot. If I had a job in NW BC, Telkwa would definitely be on the list

1 - 20 of 20 Posts