Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was able to get out for a few hours yesterday and between the frozen guides found a few willing to play.

I hooked fish on the swing most of the day and even found a couple willing to eat on the top swinging a little softie through the film. Winter is an interesting time to trout fish. I love the solitude.

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
wow you lucky sod!!!

It was 3' here this morning but pretty just the same. Surface action on the Maddie in January? What a river population!

Great picture :)

·
Registered
158 Posts

This is from when I lived in central Alberta. Both the coldest and most boring winters I've ever had to deal with. Until I found out about that little spring creek behind me in the picture, and the big old browns living in there. It was only an hour drive from home, and I spent so much time post-holing around the banks trying to sneak up on those guys. Only ever caught one, but it was like 18" and just made my winter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Spent 3 hours on the lower Madison yesterday. I was swinging streamers and woolly buggers. Only caught one but was a beauty. None on soft hackles. At about 5 pm was driven off by the wind. Sorry no photos. Hope that was you that past me on the East side of the river just south of Bear Trap. Black pickup? Snow was too deep there to try and get thru with CRV

TJ

·
Registered
80 Posts
Haha nice ya do what you gotta do to the the fly wet, I'm almost gonna resort to bringing out the tiger torch and a 100 pounder to a spot on the local river and speed mother nature up lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts