Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i have left a post on the rio forum but as yet have arroused an answer from their staff to my question (theoretical fortunately)

i am awaiting delivery of a multi tip line.(true)

if i lose or break a section can they be replaced by rio or do they leave you up a crrek without a paddlle? with a missing section.

I asked my local retailer and his answer was dunno!

so i figured you guys would know the answer.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
All the seperate pieces from a WindCutter Versi Tip are available from Rio.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Your retailer needs to wake up and know what he is selling.

If you lose or break any part of any Rio Tip System, your retailer can order that part/piece and then sell it to you.

If a flaw developes in the main part of the Rio System, send it to Rio with an explanation of the flaw, mark the flaw with a marking pen and besure to include your return address on the returned line spool and in the envelop.

Rio will then exchange the flaw and return a new main line part. This happened to me last year with a Grand Spey 7/8. I did the above and a week later had a new Grand Spey main line part.

Rio is a quality manufacturer of fly lines and spey lines. If more American, Canadian and world wide companies were like Rio, we would have less problems in our life.

barramundi said:
hi guys

i have left a post on the rio forum but as yet have arroused an answer from their staff to my question (theoretical fortunately)

i am awaiting delivery of a multi tip line.(true)

if i lose or break a section can they be replaced by rio or do they leave you up a crrek without a paddlle? with a missing section.

I asked my local retailer and his answer was dunno!

so i figured you guys would know the answer.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Ditto Grampa Spey.

The fact is that I have found most fishing tackle companies to be far more responsive to customer needs than companies in other lines. RIO is, however, one of the best among an excellent group.

·
loco alto!
3,051 Posts
In theory RIO should have replacement sections available. In reality, from experience, they do.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Smolt said:
Ditto Grampa Spey.

The fact is that I have found most fishing tackle companies to be far more responsive to customer needs than companies in other lines. RIO is, however, one of the best among an excellent group.
The operative word is that "Most" fishing tackle companies are far more responsive to customer needs (I add problems) than other companies.

Rio under the leadership and vision of Jim Vincent is a role model of an excellent and responsive company.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well a healthy and positive responce to that question.

cheers

i will use the wincutter for fresh water and make cheap shooting heads up for the salt. I managed to wreck about 4 or 5 lines in 2004.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts