Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys.
first of all, its a 12'6" 9wt 3pc Diamondback that hadnt had the cork off the handle before thursday. I am new at two hand casting but not stupid either, i was NOT stressing the rod and was only using a single spey to a maximum of 50'. I landed two fish earlier in the day,,,one went about 13lb's and everything was fine then CRACK!!! The spigot ferrule on the mid sheared off with no damage to the rod itself, but the spigot is now unable to be removed from the tip. Now what!?!? Can a new male spigot be installed on my mid section? I bought secondhand so there is no warranty but is anyone now handling Diamondback rods?? I ask this cause I heard they were no longer making rods, but am not 100% on that. Any recommendations on where and who to send it to for repair??
Please help guys.
Thanks.
Salmon Chaser
aka Dwayne
><)))*>
PS. The joints were taped and were not loose.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
at least a dozen!

tol' ya!,,,,,you need to have a pile,,,,then you can get even,,now you're uneven,and painfully so,PM me i can get the rod to a super duper rod guy,or two,but of course,,you'll have to wait,,,,i'll help if i can,didn't courtland buy them?,,,,pm me!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Yes Diamondback are still in business and yes they will repair/replace it

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on its way!!

Hey guys.
Yes, the joints were taped, and checked often. No problems there.
I did get ahold of Cortland and the rod is on its way to the doctor!
Cortland said the ferrules can be repaired but also could damage the black during repair. In which case they will replace. Only problem is that i am without the rod for my upcoming Miramichi trip. At least they are going to fix/replace. I dont feel quite so gross as i did this time yesterday. Hammer, I am at one and counting,,,,but a dozen??? Is this where this road is leading????
There will be another one in the stable soon, then another and annother. One in the 14' range but i am looking to the 11'6" and a 7wt for the small PEI rivers and something similar for my young man.
Thanks for the help lads.
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
street of dreams!

that's what it is,,you'll not be able to stop it,so why bother,enjoy yourself,life IS short,,not trying to get off topic here,but,twice in the last year my wife's pointed out someone in the obituaries of the paper,when i grabbed it;i saw someone else i new,,yes.life is short;be good to yourself,your family,,these longrods are an addiction,,,there is no cure:smokin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts