Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Well back from my BC trip, here are just a few pics from the trip. more photos can be seen on my blog, hope you like them.

My first fish of the trip, off the river Fraser.

My mate Malcolm, with his biggest chum of the trip.

Lee with a sockeye,

And a chum for Lee,

A chum for me.

A fish in net, had many fish like this. super fresh and sea lice.

We also had some great sturgeon fishing.

Here is a rare bird on the river Frazer, lots more pics on my blog.

Dai.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Glad you had a great trip Dai.

Two things that stand out to me in those photos, that beast on the beach behind you in the second photo, and that Pelican. What on earth was he doing there? That is quite far north for them I do believe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well done

Hey Dai,
I see youve leaned the Fraser Valley Fishing Stance. .............elbows out.

Glad you had a good time

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
That's damn awesome good show, nice fish, smiles from temple to temple!:)

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Understatement for the day?

right in my backyard. those chum put up one hell of a tussle don't they? glad you enjoyed yourself.
One of the few things I miss about living in Washington. God when those Chums CHOMPED it was GAME ON. :eek::smokin:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Back to you Mr. Dog.

not the most prestigious fish, but the strongest salmon by far!
Lots of years back fishing in one of the 'S Rivers' in about knee deep water. I wasn't paying attention and a school of these things moved into the shallows behind me. Took a step back and tripped over one; BANG and flat on my back in the river.

They are even bigger at 'eye level.' 'Mr. Dog-Dog, aka "Bogie," on the beach behind me gave me a look: 'Stupid I know you can be, but this was a personal best?'

fae

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Two things that stand out to me in those photos, that beast on the beach behind you in the second photo, and that Pelican. What on earth was he doing there? That is quite far north for them I do believe.
Hi, The beast on the beach, one of the many spawned fish dead in river. and yes it was mad seeing the Pelican that far north,

Dai.

·
Registered
225 Posts

Actually, there are several Pelican nesting colonies in the Chilcotin area of BC. White Pelican Lake, and Stum Lake(rich in coarse fish) are 2 of the more important nesting areas. It is common to see Pelicans in Williams Lake too.
All of theses birds migrate south and likely follow the Fraser to the estuary as the shorter days and cooler temps trigger their migratory instincts.
Beautiful birds, don't know if I can say the same of the Ketas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts